Green - We have paid all our football debts

We owe Scottish Football nothing now. Surely this will mean we are treated with respect and not sneered at by fellow Scottish Football fans any more?

:flute:

Dream on, I'm afraid. We're still there to be blamed. We need a RSU........ A Rapid Response Unit.....to quickly respond to these claims and attacks.

So am I the only one who loves this statement?

Nope, I am too. We have paid our debts so they should shut up. Someone should send this to Moira the gub.

Issue I have is that if CG is paying the scottish club debts I would also like us to pay the other footballing debts.

As for HMRC and Ticketus, screw them. Newco has no legal obligation to pay them and they cant, or at least shouldnt be able to, chase the newco for those debts.

Nope, I am too. We have paid our debts so they should shut up. Someone should send this to Moira the gub.

Issue I have is that if CG is paying the scottish club debts I would also like us to pay the other footballing debts.

As for HMRC and Ticketus, screw them. Newco has no legal obligation to pay them and they cant, or at least shouldnt be able to, chase the newco for those debts.

Has he not already talked to UEFA about footballing debts in Europe?

If the newco pays debts of the oldco, something it is hardly obliged too, would that open a way for HMRC and Ticketus and any other creditor to do the same? No matter whether the SFA coerced us into this, illegally, if you ask me.

chase yourself. dont be so ridiculous. scaremongering at his worst.

Has he not already talked to UEFA about footballing debts in Europe?

That whole thing was a bit wooly to say the least. Green said on SSN and in various media comments that he'd spoken to them and it sounded as if he was saying he wanted to cut a deal on the non-Scottish football debts to straighten things up with the foreign clubs and UEFA, but it was all very unclear. I think there was even someone from UEFA saying that Green hadn't spoken to UEFA after he made those comments and I don't know if it was ever actually cleared up as to who was right, wrong or talking shite. I might have missed something though because like Craig, I was offline for a bit myself.

If the newco pays debts of the oldco, something it is hardly obliged too, would that open a way for HMRC and Ticketus and any other creditor to do the same? No matter whether the SFA coerced us into this, illegally, if you ask me.

If we'd achieved a CVA and then agreed to pay certain creditors in full then yes it would be a problem, but I think as things stand the only way that any of the other creditors may still be able to effect the club would be if they were to object to the newco transfer of assets.