Paul Elliotts' Little White Lie

Elliot needs to be brought to task for his lies

Agreed.

Generally I'm surprised he's got away with it for so long and well done to Shane for highlighting his inconsistencies so eloquently.

As some of you will know I recently wrote a piece for Rangers media & thecoplandroad.org on Paul Elliott lying about our fans. Article is here

http://rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...her&Itemid=618

As you'll see from the article I was getting nowhere untill Clarke Carlisle got involved. Clarke has been excellent through this and lastnight came back to me with this:

Hi Brent,

Your piece is very, very interesting. The amount of research that has gone into it and the level of knowledge that you have (and would have access to), make me compelled to ask further questions. I hope you understand that I can't immediately agree or disagree with you, especially when I have the opportunity to take it to the accused's door, which is exactly what I'm doing.

I asked my colleagues at the union and they agree that that should be my course of action, and I think it's only fair that I let Paul respond. As and when he does I will let you know, and I'll hopefully be in a position to add an opinion.

God bless,

Clarke Carlisle

It may come to something or nothing but one way or another we will get a response. I'll keep you all posted here & on twitter @brentmacfarlane thanks to everybody for their praise and support of the article.

thebluenosebear on FF.

• 3 weeks later...

Not had a chance to be on much lately due to work and life in general.

Clarke got back to me this week and the upshot is he is still waiting on a reply from Paul, he's been told Elliot is away and Elliots people are not sure for how long.

I've expressed my concern that it looks like Elliot is avoiding this (I think we all know he definately is) so i'm going to give it another week and then take the storys exposure as far as it will go.

Got to be honest though and I won't name names but i've been a wee bit disappointed by some people who write or comment on Rangers who just do not want to comment on this, seems we're a Rangers family when it suits them, one employee of the Rangers even told me he 'couldn't comment on stuff like that'!!!

Although in the same measure I have to give thanks to The Rangers Standard guys, Copland Road Org, Rangers media, King Bill McMurdo & everybody on here for the continued support on this.

thanks again for everything bears truly humbling.

the bluenosebear

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Sirs,

Could you please explain to me why you used Paul Elliot on today's news broadcasts to give his views on racism? In a report about a racist incident at the Spurs - Lazio game you ultimately went to Paul Elliot for his views on racism in modern football.

The issue is that Paul Elliot is a proven liar when it comes to this topic and has no credibility.

I include the link below that demonstrates Mr Elliot's lies:

http://rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=879:paul-elliott-rangers-lie&catid=110:other&Itemid=618

I would strongly suggest that you reconsider using someone for comment who has little relationship with the truth.

I look forward to hearing your response.

Yours Sincerely

Super_Ally

Only had 5 mins before work but its a start. Emailed to sky sports just now.