Emilson Cribari - any feedback?

Generally with 3 at the back you need to have wing backs or else you will get absolutely destroyed down the flanks. Though as were basically playing a pub team, maybe we got off with the 3 at the back type, no wingbacks, formation that Guardiola deployed last season to the detriment of Barca.

Man City are likely going to be playing 3 at the back this season but will play Zabaleta and Kolarov as wing backs. I guarantee they will end up changing it though. It worked for O'Neil for a time but even he ended up playing 4 at the back. Napoli and perhaps Chile at about the only sides in living memory that have successfully deployed it for an extended period.

I have heard it said that Wigan played 3 at the back last season but whenever I watched them it was more like 5 at the back.

Generally with 3 at the back you need to have wing backs or else you will get absolutely destroyed down the flanks. Though as were basically playing a pub team, maybe we got off with the 3 at the back type, no wingbacks, formation that Guardiola deployed last season to the detriment of Barca.

Man City are likely going to be playing 3 at the back this season but will play Zabaleta and Kolarov as wing backs. I guarantee they will end up changing it though. It worked for O'Neil for a time but even he ended up playing 4 at the back. Napoli and perhaps Chile at about the only sides in living memory that have successfully deployed it for an extended period.

I have heard it said that Wigan played 3 at the back last season but whenever I watched them it was more like 5 at the back.

Starting line-up today ... just to keep you up to date:

Alexander

Broadfoot (rightback) - Goian (centre-half) - Bocanegra (centre-half and left-back)

Little (right winger & fullback) - Black - Shiels - Macleod - Wallace (left-back)

McCulloch - Sandaza

That's one rightback in Broadfoot, one right wingback in Little, one centre-half-come-left wingback in Bocanegra, and one leftback in Wallace. IMHO, to have three at the back (of whom one is more or less constantly on the front foot) and two wingbacks as cover is good enough. Especially as Black is very adapt in making up ground and destroy the opposition attacks too. Hence me questioning of those who want to see a change in this formation. Usually, we play 2 at the back with two to three wingbacks as cover.

Starting line-up today ... just to keep you up to date:

Alexander

Broadfoot (rightback) - Goian (centre-half) - Bocanegra (centre-half and left-back)

Little (right winger & fullback) - Black - Shiels - Macleod - Wallace (left-back)

McCulloch - Sandaza

That's one rightback in Broadfoot, one right wingback in Little, one centre-half-come-left wingback in Bocanegra, and one leftback in Wallace. IMHO, to have three at the back (of whom one is more or less constantly on the front foot) and two wingbacks as cover is good enough. Especially as Black is very adapt in making up ground and destroy the opposition attacks too. Hence me questioning of those who want to see a change in this formation. Usually, we play 2 at the back with two to three wingbacks as cover.

You made a cunt of it not for the first time today

Are you suggesting we played a right back and a right wing back? I hope not because I was starting to think you might not be a full blown retard.

What are you even talking about? Where is your mind?

PS - Bocanegra at no point in his career has EVER played as a wing back.

Edited by Daniel Amokachi

Little never was or ever will be a right wing back that's just ludicrous, the lads a striker as his goals showed yesterday, we should be thankful that even tho Ally persists on playing him out of position he still manages to get on the score sheet.