Megastore changed from JJB to Sports Direct

are you saying celtic are keeping their shop open at the airport despite losing money?

Yes. The rent is extremely expensive and I'm sure that Celtic make a fairly big loss on it. However that's not why they have it. It's one of the GIRFYs that they have and it offers "brand awareness".

Yes. The rent is extremely expensive and I'm sure that Celtic make a fairly big loss on it. However that's not why they have it. It's one of the GIRFYs that they have and it offers "brand awareness".

I go down south on business on a regular bassis and it makes me flecking gag when you go up the escalators and see their shop when you head for departures

Everytime you come up those escalators it's right in your face, gets my blood boiling everytime.

are you saying celtic are keeping their shop open at the airport despite losing money?

Depending on their lease it can cost even more to close it. Whilst there is still a reasonable demand for airport real estate their shop is not airside and so less lucrative in the modern airport. Their shop in Sauchiehall Street is another loss maker, however simply closing it is problematic because of their lease, in other words they lose less by keeping it trading.

depending on the loss i would say it is worth it. they seem to be doing ok for themselves sadly.

Depending on their lease it can cost even more to close it. Whilst there is still a reasonable demand for airport real estate their shop is not airside and so less lucrative in the modern airport. Their shop in Sauchiehall Street is another loss maker, however simply closing it is problematic because of their lease, in other words they lose less by keeping it trading.

cheers mate

Owner mike ashley is said to be over the moon after it was reported celtic fc fans have been posting on celtic website's facebook pages and twitter that they will boycott sportsdirect,com stores

mr ashley said yes it is very good news indeed to see celtic fc fans are boycotting my stores as i will now save over £3million a year from shoplifters