Edu to Stoke and Goian to Brescia

I think it was circa £1m we paid but I don't have the figure to hand. Not disappointed to see him go. He played well in the league up till around autumn time and the team's form dipped. After that he has been regularly found wanting and cost us goals. So I agree, if we free up his wages that can go to repaying palermo fees outstanding and let us bring in other reinforcements.

With regards Goian, it's surely not beyond the realms of possibility he'll be back with us next season. He quite rightly thinks that SD3 is bad for his international chances, so a loan move abroad might help that and then return next season, or even repeat the deal? How would people feel about that. I know he's had a shocker so far this season and he's not been interested as well as completely underestimating the standard (didn't think I'd be saying that!) but when we get back up into higher divisions would he be able to come back and do a job for us?

With regards Goian, it's surely not beyond the realms of possibility he'll be back with us next season. He quite rightly thinks that SD3 is bad for his international chances, so a loan move abroad might help that and then return next season, or even repeat the deal? How would people feel about that. I know he's had a shocker so far this season and he's not been interested as well as completely underestimating the standard (didn't think I'd be saying that!) but when we get back up into higher divisions would he be able to come back and do a job for us?

for the sheer fact there its possible he 'underestimated the standard'.. shouldnt make him so slow and easily passed.

I reckon best we get replacement(s) and forget about him

for the sheer fact there its possible he 'underestimated the standard'.. shouldnt make him so slow and easily passed.

I reckon best we get replacement(s) and forget about him

I see where you're coming from, and agree that his performance so far this season has been grossly unprofessional in a number of ways. If you're feeling generous you could say it's a lack of preseason, if you're being malicious you could put it down as trying to manipulate his way out of the club (which he seems to have achieved). But if he were to come back next season, put in performances for us of a decent standard in div2, I'd take him. Least of all he'd be a 'new signing' while still under the transfer embargo...

I see where you're coming from, and agree that his performance so far this season has been grossly unprofessional in a number of ways. If you're feeling generous you could say it's a lack of preseason, if you're being malicious you could put it down as trying to manipulate his way out of the club (which he seems to have achieved). But if he were to come back next season, put in performances for us of a decent standard in div2, I'd take him. Least of all he'd be a 'new signing' while still under the transfer embargo...

I take your point, and some going points at that. however typically division 2 players wont be near 15k a week tho ? ,,, needs to be a happy medium

would you be happy to pay him that kinda money to see if he's immproved in time for division 2?

I take your point, and some going points at that. however typically division 2 players wont be near 15k a week tho ? ,,, needs to be a happy medium

would you be happy to pay him that kinda money to see if he's immproved in time for division 2?

I'd be hoping he'd prove himself while out on loan. The salary would be an issue it has to be said, but if (as was mentioned previously) his contract is coming to end, it could be renegotiated with decent promotion increases etc, see if he really wants to stay with us or not. I'd like to see something along the lines of 5k/wk div 2, 10k on promotion and back to 15k on promotion again, but doubt he'd take that!

but doubt he'd take that!

I agree with everything you say... problem being your very last sentance.... but doubht he will take that.

He only done the TUPE transfer imho because he knew we still stuck paying him that daft kinda money.

I dont think theres a snowballs chance in hell of him agreeing to such a pay structure.

however yes what a good idea. the true gers players would/should take such a deal.

I agree with everything you say... problem being your very last sentance.... but doubht he will take that.

He only done the TUPE transfer imho because he knew we still stuck paying him that daft kinda money.

I dont think theres a snowballs chance in hell of him agreeing to such a pay structure.

however yes what a good idea. the true gers players would/should take such a deal.

The only issue with the idea of such a wage system is that people do tend to live to their incomes so such a drastic cut would potentially have an impact on lifestyle in a heavy way. Though I can't begin to imagine how I'd spend 5k a week!