So who owns the club?

For the sake of pure speculation, how do you guys think the flotation is going to work?

I've been wondering since Green says the fans will be offered up to a 50% stake in the club, then taking into account the 1st (£10m) and 2nd (£20m) rounds of fundraising, how that's going to work. Would it be safe to assume that a 50% shareholding will be floated at double the initial (1st round) share price. In turn all existing shareholdings would be diluted (halfed approx) but they get their money back and the club gets approx £10m?

For the sake of pure speculation, how do you guys think the flotation is going to work?

I've been wondering since Green says the fans will be offered up to a 50% stake in the club, then taking into account the 1st (£10m) and 2nd (£20m) rounds of fundraising, how that's going to work. Would it be safe to assume that a 50% shareholding will be floated at double the initial (1st round) share price. In turn all existing shareholdings would be diluted (halfed approx) but they get their money back and the club gets approx £10m?

Perhaps there'll be 'A' shares for the present "investors" and 'B' shares for the plebs thus leaving the 'A' shareholders in control whilst it's the 'B' shareholders that have put in the actual cash.

Who's going to give Green his £2m shareholding when the job's done?

I suspect Green's shares may be phantom shares with his £2m (or whatever) coming straight out of the floatation proceeds.

Edited by forlanssister

You'd like to think so. Obviously there's going to be new shareholders who haven't owned Rangers shares before, but I wouldn't have thought previous shareholders in the plc will be in a hurry to throw money into shares in the club again unless they know the exact details and specifics of who's invested what and who owns what.

And why would they? I guess you want to second guess investing money in a company when you invested in it before and it became insolvent.

And why would they? I guess you want to second guess investing money in a company when you invested in it before and it became insolvent.

No that was basically my point, so I think we actually agree on this. :tu:

what I don't understand in all of this is that if there's to be a shares issue or whatever, what's to stop someone or some organisation to try & mount a takeover bid by buying up a majority of shares ?

There's not, but you don't have to float 100% of the shares and you can create different classes of shares so that even if you don't own the majority of the shares you still control the company.

I think this is when Charles will come back down to earth with a bump......who in their right mind will buy shares in a holding company when we dont know who owns it (Ticketus)?

35,000 have bought season tickets without knowing the beneficial owner. In addition, many more have suggested they'd be willing to invest more to ensue the club is competitive upon its return to the SPL.

Whether that will translate into millions being raised via a share issue, I don't know but Green does have experience in that area so it will be fascinating to see how he goes about this flotation. And, just who backs it.