'RANGERS are considering a late bid to land Kilmarnock keeper Cammy Bell in a £150,000 deal.

Ally McCoist wants to sign Killie No 1 Bell – who is currently injured – to challenge Neil Alexander.

The Light Blues made a £300,000 offer for Hearts winger David Templeton last night, and remain in discussion with Malmo striker Daniel Larsson.

McCoist wants to sign at least five players before the close of the transfer window tomorrow, including German midfielder Michael Fink, with a signing ban due to kick in until January 2014.

“We need to get players in of as high a quality as we possibly can afford,” said McCoist.

“Between now and Friday is critical for the club for the next two years.”

McCoist refused to comment on Templeton, who is also a target for Nottingham Forest and Bristol City, while striker

Larsson, rated at £200,000 by Malmo, is also attracting interest from Sampdoria and Real Valladolid.

Speaking about Templeton, McCoist said: “He is under contract with Hearts and he still has a year to go.”

But he confirmed that German midfielder Fink is likely to be handed a deal.

“He has trained and looked absolutely fine,” said McCoist. “We are going to sit down with his agent to have a wee chat.

“He has a good pedigree and he has looked very comfortable in training.”

Meanwhile, Kirk Broadfoot has come to an agreement with the club to rip up the remaining year of his contract, and is being tracked by a host of Championship clubs including Ipswich.'

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/342844

here aswell.

£300k would be a bargain for Templeton if the scoop is true, but I can't see Hearts accepting that offer. They'll get a bigger offer than that.

Cammy Bell is an interesting one.

From The Sun:

' ALLY McCOIST will pull out all the stops in a bid to land David Templeton before the transfer window slams shut.

The Hearts star tops a wish list of EIGHT players the Rangers boss hopes to secure before tomorrow night’s 11pm deadline.

Jambos’ teenage right-back Callum Paterson is also believed to be on the Ibrox radar.

SunSport understands Malmo striker Daniel Larsson, who is in talks with Sampdoria, is another target McCoist refuses to give up on.

The Gers gaffer has lost an astonishing 26 players since January and he admits the next 24 hours are vital.

McCoist said: “We haven’t signed anybody yet, but I would be really, really hopeful we will get a few in.

“Charles Green has a list of players we would like. I am in constant dialogue with him.

“In the last ten days or so we have lost Bedoya, Goian, Edu and Broadfoot. We need to get in players of as high a quality as we possibly can afford.

“There is nothing agreed. We have a lad coming up today and Charles is also waiting for a call regarding another two players.

“I’m also trying to push him with two desperate ones I would like.

“Between now and Friday is critical for the club for the next two years.”

McCoist would not be drawn on the speculation linking him with a move for Templeton.

But SunSport understands talks between Rangers and Hearts HAVE taken place.

McCoist said: “He is under contract with Hearts and still has a year to go.”

Rangers’ 16-month transfer ban kicks in on September 1.

McCoist is desperate to bolster his wafer-thin squad and could hand German midfielder Michael Fink a deal.

He revealed: “He has trained and looked fine.

“We are going to sit down with his agent to have a wee chat. He has a good pedigree.

“I’d like to offer him something, but I will need to speak to Charles first.”

Dunfermline are keeping tabs on Kyle Hutton, although McCoist — who confirmed our exclusive that Kirk Broadfoot is leaving — hopes no one else quits the Ibrox club.

He smiled: “Is there anybody else who can leave?

“Bocanegra is the only one, I guess. But there have been no offers or interest from any clubs.

“He seems to be quite happy here.”'

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4511169/Coistys-Tempted.html#ixzz24z3VHo3o

from the sun

Anyone know if Black was mates with Templeton at Hearts? He could maybe do a bit of persuading. But 300k would be a steal!

I did say the other day a keeper is needed for cover. Never seen Bell in action so cant comment but Craig Gordon cant get a club down south and there is nothing to lose by asking him if he fancies joining.