It also claims that Everton are chasing Barrie McKay. If we are going to lose players of his calibre and sign such as the 30 year old Fink, then we should simply scrap our youth policy, sell Auchenhowie and turn RFC into a rest home for former failed footballers. Seriously, this is the worst news I have heard since we went into admin. Get Barrie on a new contract NOW.

I've lost you. Doesn't the fact that a Premiership club are chasing one of our youngsters mean the youth policy is working? You're saying if richer clubs are looking enviously at our youngsters then we're FAILING in that department? You think we should only continue if NO clubs are interested in our youngsters? That's pretty strange logic to me.

I think he is trying to suggest selling them at the age of 17 is pointless, we are not reaping the benefits of our youth players. Thing is we should be pleased teams are showing interest as long as we don't sell them until we are ready to.

If we get a decent offer of say a million or over, then we have to take it in our present financial state. Some of that can be reinvested in the youth system. I think a bigger problem is that McKay is only under contract till the end of the season and Everton are looking to pick him up for the out of contract, "training fee".

However, at the moment we have to be like any other selling club when a richer fish comes along.

Na I don't agree with that especially with the transfer embargo hanging over us. We need to get him signed up and keep him for 3-4 years when the selling on value should be much higher. If we can afford to sign Kevin Kyle etc then I would be hugely disappointed in selling a talent like McKay long before we should be. I would also have to question the vision for the club going forward. Selling your up and coming stars before they have had a chance to develop properly is very short sighted.

Na I don't agree with that especially with the transfer embargo hanging over us. We need to get him signed up and keep him for 3-4 years when the selling on value should be much higher. If we can afford to sign Kevin Kyle etc then I would be hugely disappointed in selling a talent like McKay long before we should be. I would also have to question the vision for the club going forward. Selling your up and coming stars before they have had a chance to develop properly is very short sighted.

I started to type out my opinion on this then noticed you had already post exactly what I wanted to say :)

Any promising youngster should be on long term deals to cover a good fee should a big club come sniffing. I think what we rely on more than anything is sell on clauses from sold players moving on from the team we sold them to.

McKay wouldnt be in the Everton XI so its in his best interest to develop as a player in the Rangers first team.

If we get a decent offer of say a million or over, then we have to take it in our present financial state. Some of that can be reinvested in the youth system. I think a bigger problem is that McKay is only under contract till the end of the season and Everton are looking to pick him up for the out of contract, "training fee".

However, at the moment we have to be like any other selling club when a richer fish comes along.

What financial state we are debt free just took in 35,000 ST's and have slashed the wage budget. We don't need to sell anybody so tell the premiership arseholes to f#^k off.