Templeton signing would be great but why would he sign i just don't see it happening. I am of the same thinking about Swedish fella but you never know. It is going to be an interesting 36 hours anyway to see what we can pull off signing wise.

It also claims that Everton are chasing Barrie McKay. If we are going to lose players of his calibre and sign such as the 30 year old Fink, then we should simply scrap our youth policy, sell Auchenhowie and turn RFC into a rest home for former failed footballers. Seriously, this is the worst news I have heard since we went into admin. Get Barrie on a new contract NOW.

It also claims that Everton are chasing Barrie McKay. If we are going to lose players of his calibre and sign such as the 30 year old Fink, then we should simply scrap our youth policy, sell Auchenhowie and turn RFC into a rest home for former failed footballers. Seriously, this is the worst news I have heard since we went into admin. Get Barrie on a new contract NOW.

Have a look at our current squad. We have Alexander, McCulloch and Bocanegra who are past the 30, and signed just two who are in this bracket, Cribari and Kyle. All other signings or players are younger, if not to say MUCH younger. We have at least 12 months to give plenty of youngsters a try and while many clubs might be interested in e.g. McKay, much like we would be interested in Messi or van Persie, there is nothing to suggest that they or we will get these players, for one reason or another.

Have a look at our current squad. We have Alexander, McCulloch and Bocanegra who are past the 30, and signed just two who are in this bracket, Cribari and Kyle. All other signings or players are younger, if not to say MUCH younger. We have at least 12 months to give plenty of youngsters a try and while many clubs might be interested in e.g. McKay, much like we would be interested in Messi or van Persie, there is nothing to suggest that they or we will get these players, for one reason or another.
You forgot to add Fink who I believe is 30. Younger players, like Templeton, with sell-on value - that must be our strategy now. I don't want to see us repeat the policy of the McLeish era when we were virtually an elephant's graveyard. We've already lost Ness and McCabe for no fees. Any selling now should be done only when we've had a reasonable service - say three years - from a good prospect.