I've lost you. Doesn't the fact that a Premiership club are chasing one of our youngsters mean the youth policy is working? You're saying if richer clubs are looking enviously at our youngsters then we're FAILING in that department? You think we should only continue if NO clubs are interested in our youngsters? That's pretty strange logic to me.
You're putting an Alistair Campbell-type spin on things. Course I'm pleased that other clubs are envious. But we should never be a bloody nursery club for anyone; that's what we would be if we let youngsters go on the cheap before Rangers FC has had some mileage out of them. We may not be able to make big-money signings anymore but we should be financially sound enough to at least rebuff cursory approaches for our jewels. If you're happy for good young players to be cherry-picked for Everton reserves before they've played a dozen games for us (and with minimal compensation into the bargain) then you're a different kind of Rangers fan from me.

Unfortunately the top clubs are buying players up at a very much younger age. Sometimes even under 10 years old. They even take the fathers into employment and move the whole family of so called super kids. What chance have we got of keeping players the top clubs want?