Why There Were Not More Signings

I understand that, but it's still an interesting point to contemplate considering that Jig was handed a lucrative new 2 year deal when he was older than Nacho when he left due to only being offered a (reportedly reduced) one year deal.

The thing about Jig Craig, is I think we both agree (and many others will agree with this too) that he appears to normally be best utilized when played up front.

There's several problems with that because as I've said, he turns 35 in May and there's going to be questions getting asked about the sense in extending the contract of a 35 year old "forward". Then there's obviously the fact that he may well be made our new captain which kind of complicates things, although does make sense in the short-term for this season.

Jig was always one of Walter's big favourites, I doubt anyone could deny that.

Lee McCulloch the failure of a striker nicknamed Jig because he 'falls to pieces in the box'.

An atrocity of a football player. All that is wrong with the UK game, all huff and guff no skill or talent

Your explanation of his nickname is wrong..... Kind of negates the rest of your post.

I would be interested to know just how good YOU are at the game....

Lee McCulloch the failure of a striker nicknamed Jig because he 'falls to pieces in the box'.

An atrocity of a football player. All that is wrong with the UK game, all huff and guff no skill or talent

Jig is a far better player than you are giving him credit for. Not sure why you have so much dislike of him but I do feel the problem is with you and not him.

A course on anger management possibly?

International scoring average of 1 every 3, not the worst !........:whistling:

Didn't know about that, fairly decent to be honest if you consider the best average (i.e. Messi obviously) being just above 1 goal each game.

mcculloch might nto be lio messi but he does a job up front for us, in fact more than does a job. he is just fine up front, i do get angry though when i see him further back. He is embarassing in midfield and ally should know better.

Too slow and immobile to play anywhere other than up front.

On mcculloch, we do seem to reserve our worst abuse for our own and I've never understood that to be honest. He's a decent player, not great but not too shabby either. He played in the premiership for a number of years at his peak so on that basis alone he's obviously a heck of a lot better than he gets credit for on here. Why he gets such stick when he's one of the few loyal scots bears to have stuck with the club is beyond me.