Rangers statement on the stripping of titles

Absolute blinder of a statement.

I say it again and again but Charles Green is, for me, proving his worth. It may well be worth his "profit" if he manages to continue the way he is.

Hats off to that man. Well said mr Green.

Rangers FC Official@RFC_Official

Green: “To make it crystal clear, the new owners purchased all the business and assets of Rangers, including titles and trophies..."

Rangers FC Official@RFC_Official

Green: Any attempt to undermine or diminish the value of those assets will be met with the stiffest resistance including legal recourse

Not sure I can agree with you. It sounds as if he is saying that any penalty cannot be applied as we are not subject to them under either SPL rules or Scottish law.

but how do you fight stripping of titles. a fine they can't enforce but titles is different.

my bet is we've just guaranteed title stripping.

we probably have also made sure we can go to court over it. which is good.

we will need to see how all the cards fall in the end.

It's an absolutely cracking statement, but I'd assume that it wasn't actually written by Charles Green himself, merely "issued" by him on behalf of the Board of Directors and the new owners.

That's not really important though. What's far more important is that the new owners of the Club are calling the SPL & the SFA's bluff here and they are doing it BIG TIME.

This is almost certain to get extremely messy now because the SPL & SFA will be livid that our club have drawn a line in the sand and said "no more".

Time to fight the corrupt SPL & SFA!! :box:

but how do you fight stripping of titles. a fine they can't enforce but titles is different.

my bet is we've just guaranteed title stripping.

It was already guaranteed as soon as it was announced that Harper McLeod were involved and Nimmo Smith was going to chair the SPL's wee kangaroo court, so this stance by the Club is a very good move, but potentially a dangerous one too because the SFA will no doubt get involved.

might work to stop a fine but that just makes other punishments more likely.

I disagree.

I dont think this statement makes other punishments any more likely at all - the SPL have been driven to strip us of titles since long before this announcement was made.

In fact, your post looks like nothing more than another anti-Green, Green just wants to save money type post. What makes it less likely a fine will be given ? What makes it more likely that some other punishment will be given ? Just more anti-Green rhetoric from you GS.