Rangers statement on the stripping of titles

I thought that one of the provisions of the SFA granting the transfer of our SFA membership to the newco was on the basis that the Club would participate in any further actions including the SPL's dual contract investigation.

All most likely agreed under duress of the threat of withholding our registration most likely, i wonder how that threat will stand up to the cold light of unbiased eyes in the court of session?

I'm not saying he's going about this the wrong way.

history will determine that.

I do think this was heading for a big fine to keep the SPL afloat but not anymore.

They could still impose a fine. Nothing Green has said would prevent that from happening. Same with stripping titles. He is simply saying he wont accept ANY form of punishment so he will defend either instance.

I reckon his statement, in conjunction with that of the Administrators, is suggesting the SPL want to strip titles. His comment about devaluing Rangers value by doing so could be a masterstroke as it is a very valid statement - there is value inherent in the number of titles we have won and you would think he would have a reasonably sound legal case for loss of value should the SPL chase that one down.

I'm not saying he's going about this the wrong way.

history will determine that.

I do think this was heading for a big fine to keep the SPL afloat but not anymore.

A fine or stripping titles or whatever, tainted for history by their bias and corrupt standards. No thanks, let us go to law, the quicker the better after they have made a mockery of justice.

They could still impose a fine. Nothing Green has said would prevent that from happening. Same with stripping titles. He is simply saying he wont accept ANY form of punishment so he will defend either instance.

I reckon his statement, in conjunction with that of the Administrators, is suggesting the SPL want to strip titles. His comment about devaluing Rangers value by doing so could be a masterstroke as it is a very valid statement - there is value inherent in the number of titles we have won and you would think he would have a reasonably sound legal case for loss of value should the SPL chase that one down.

I think its double edged. it clearly states any fine simply doesn't apply to the current business then goes on to outline what will happen if they strip titles.

that's my reasoning.

All most likely agreed under duress of the threat of withholding our registration most likely, i wonder how that threat will stand up to the cold light of unbiased eyes in the court of session?

Green may even have been forced to agree not to take football matters to the court of session again because the SFA certainly wanted him to agree to that condition. Whether that condition was in the final agreement that was signed is another matter though, but if it was then we could be in big trouble if we go to court again.

Green may even have been forced to agree not to take football matters to the court of session again because the SFA certainly wanted him to agree to that condition. Whether that condition was in the final agreement that was signed is another matter though, but if it was then we could be in big trouble if we go to court again.

that's partly my point.

fine and they have to take us to court.

titles and we need to go to court.

seems we are expecting bad news with this statement of defiance. :(

I think that it is a foregone conclusion that stripping titles is the desire from the SPL here.

Why would we even think otherwise when we know that Doncaster and the other SPL chairmen are simply having their strings pulled by the puppet-master himself (no prizes for guessing who, and no prizes for guessing that his team stand to gain the most from such action).

Only in Scotland would this be accepted. It is preposterous.