In the SPL or not?

How about the rest along with us invest the money we have in proper youth schemes instead of blowing it all on poor imports, or selling the gems we do unearth to the EPL at the first time of asking.

Fair point - but it's a bit rich coming from us! It took going to the very brink of extinction to persuade us to play some young players, and even at that we prefer expensive (and possibly poor - time will tell) imports.

Buying a club (and continuing to play at Ibrox) would require English FA and UEFA approval and whilst that might be vey difficult as well, I don't think there are any rules against it and no EU laws to prevent it either.

I would have massive massive problems with just buying a club in England and calling it Rangers. One of the things that upset me most in sports is a practice so common in the USA. That is to just move clubs to a completely different town, it is a joke. That's also along the lines of what Red Bull does, buy clubs everywhere because they want to get into the football market, that's truly sickening! It turns teams into companies, moving on if the revenue isn't right and I wouldn't want Gers to do that at all because it's despicable. After all it's a football club with a 140 year history and is rooted where it is now.

Edited by DUDE

I'm not arguing anything, I'm suggesting (and not even seriously suggesting - just chucking ideas around for the sake of Friday chat) a system where diddies have no-one to blame but themselves for their diddiness. Obviously, they shouldn't be blaming us, but try getting that point across to them. Wouldn't it be better if they couldn't blame us because the league incorporated a system which directly rewards investment and contribution?

If the majority of teams in a league feel like they're getting a rough deal, then that league will inevitably break up.

Why not a system based on investment from within the club if they invest 1mill in youth their share goes up.

Fair point - but it's a bit rich coming from us! It took going to the very brink of extinction to persuade us to play some young players, and even at that we prefer expensive (and possibly poor - time will tell) imports.

Agreed Andy, that's why I included us in the statement.

To fix Scottish Football will take a wholesale change of thinking that the powers that be at the moment seem unwilling or incapable of doing, it truly is depressing to see report after report come back with answers only to be cast aside agin and again.

From top to bottom the game needs tore down and rebuilt just taking some money of us won't fix a thing. If you look back to when the share was more even who won the titles more often than not us and them, so giving them more money isn't the answer.

We as a club and the British game as a whole have major coaching issues that go beyond just giving youth a chance.

If you look at someone like Chris Burke, he initially looked like a star when he first started getting a chance. But the coaches seemed unable to maintain this form and he drifted into an also ran. He got plenty chances in the team but looked mediocre more often that not.

Then later in his career at the championship (probably far superior coaching) he finally showed his true talent.

UK football is stuck in the dark ages...

wingers are inconsistent though. especially young ones. he also had injury problems.

if you take cuellar as an example instead he never before and never since replicated the form he did at rangers. Hutton perhaps as well.

I think the players have a lot to answer for in this respect as well.

that said I've yet to see super improve a player.

that said I've yet to see super improve a player.

Not that I'm giving Ally any credit for it, but I've seen improvements in both Andy Little and Jig. It might have nothing to do with Ally, but since he is their manager and he was a phenomenal goal scorer himself, it's certainly interesting to see them both improve as strikers. Maybe it's just that they're playing against slightly weak defences though.... ;)

Not that I'm giving Ally any credit for it, but I've seen improvements in both Andy Little and Jig. It might have nothing to do with Ally, but since he is their manager and he was a phenomenal goal scorer himself, it's certainly interesting to see them both improve as strikers. Maybe it's just that they're playing against slightly weak defences though.... ;)

Playing them both up front was rather forced on him.