In the SPL or not?

If they want to piss off, fine by me. I'll hold the gate open at Berwick for them.

I agree with the concept of rejigging the league but on SFL terms. Our ideas of reconstruction in the past have been shown up to be pish from 1976 onwards, so I'm absolutely fine with the concept of our fellow diddy teams taking the reins for the next game of musical chairs. The OF hogging the cash has led to one of the worst leagues (standard wise) in the world, so why not try spreading it out.

In short, I think I've learned my lesson.

Spreading the wealth is a terrible idea. Scotland can either have 2 good teams or none. Without a strong old firm, the Scottish league just becomes another Irish league.

The big teams in other leagues are helped by getting a massive percentage of the wealth. The rest of Scotland have already been getting far too much of the pie.

Spreading the wealth is a terrible idea. Scotland can either have 2 good teams or none. Without a strong old firm, the Scottish league just becomes another Irish league.

The big teams in other leagues are helped by getting a massive percentage of the wealth. The rest of Scotland have already been getting far too much of the pie.

rather ignores the lessons of history.

And that's only fair isn't it? The most qualified people in a company get the highest wages, generally speaking. Performance determines payment so why shouldn't the strongest and most succesful clubs be granted the highest share of the leagues wealth. After all they have worked to become successful.

I agree that the SPL has failed and indeed stopped going to Ibrox because I was bored with the product. I would agree with the idea of 2 bigger leagues and by default wealth would be spread to more clubs. It wouldn't cost our club any more but the money would be distributed more widely. The SPL has almost been the death of Scottish football and has had it's day. The SFL must establish a prominent place in any reconstruction talks. Scottish football will not recover until the name SPL and the institution itself are abolished. Only then would I agree that Rangers could return to the top league when the time came.

As has been pointed out, there is only one advantage in rejoining the SPL, and that is European football.

I look at all the other good points such as not having anything to do with them.

If we can hold this present level of support and good atmosphere at games, I'm all for staying out of the SPL. They'll fail before we do.

There will also be an issue with TV rights at some stage. And that will be interesting.

This Bear says let's stay away.

The prudent thing to do would be to piss them off to the extent that they don't allow us back in because that would put us in a stronger position than we would be in if we refused to rejoin the SPL.

We should also be considering it from the viewpoint of all the SFL clubs who've tried desperately over the years to get into the SPL. For us to refuse entry and our rightful place should we earn it, would be extremely disrespectful to many, if not all of our fellow SFL clubs.

When you say two good teams what are you benchmarking them against?

Playing on the strongest league possible is surely in our best interest?

I agree that the SPL has failed and indeed stopped going to Ibrox because I was bored with the product. I would agree with the idea of 2 bigger leagues and by default wealth would be spread to more clubs. It wouldn't cost our club any more but the money would be distributed more widely. The SPL has almost been the death of Scottish football and has had it's day. The SFL must establish a prominent place in any reconstruction talks. Scottish football will not recover until the name SPL and the institution itself are abolished. Only then would I agree that Rangers could return to the top league when the time came.

The only way to increase competition is to spread the available money more evenly amongst the clubs.