In the SPL or not?

Having tried and failed to set up a poll, I'll just ask:

Do you want to see Rangers in the same league as the current SPL teams in the future?

I confess I don't. I can't see where that would leave us other than as a lower league side for all time, but atm it seems better than allowing this lot back into our ground.

I really don't know what to think about this subject Andy.

What I do think is that if the club and new owners aren't planning to rejoin the SPL (or whatever the top league is called in a new league structure), then we should have applied to join and play in the English conference league or whatever level we could have gained entry to down south.

It's easy to say that in retrospect now, but it's still interesting to consider because when the SPL clubs voted against our member share being transferred, that was possibly the best opportunity we've ever had as a club to get out of dodge and start playing in England. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a moot point now because we've missed the boat and are where we are, so I think the only reasonable option will be to work our way back up to the top of Scottish football.

Edited by Zappa

we can only keep winning and getting promoted to the spl the thing is this will they then let us take our place back in the league or will we have to face further sanctions/pay more fines or accept some other kind o further punishment they have three years to change their rules to impose more sanctions

I really don't know what to think about this subject Andy.

What I do think is that if the club and new owners aren't planning to rejoin the SPL (or whatever the top league is called in a new league structure), then we should have applied to join and play in the English conference league or whatever level we could have gained entry to down south.

It's easy to say that in retrospect now, but it's still interesting to consider because when the SPL clubs voted against our member share being transferred, that was possibly the best opportunity we've ever had as a club to get out of dodge and start playing in England. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a moot point now because we've missed the boat and are where we are, so I think the only reasonable option will be to work our way back up to the top of Scottish football.

We had no time for an English application, and a year out would have not been viable despite some encouraging that.

We had no time for an English application

We knew as early as June 25th that we were extremely unlikely to be staying in the SPL and the actual vote took place on July 4th. At that point right there on July 4th we were officially no longer going to be playing in the SPL and looked highly likely to have to start in the 4th tier of Scottish football if we applied to join the SFL. The first Conference North fixtures weren't until August 18th.

We knew as early as June 25th that we were extremely unlikely to be staying in the SPL and the actual vote took place on July 4th. At that point right there on July 4th we were officially no longer going to be playing in the SPL and looked highly likely to have to start in the 4th tier of Scottish football if we applied to join the SFL. The first Conference North fixtures weren't until August 18th.

Yes, but I think the the process would probably have involved a fair few complications and red tape, could be wrong of course.

Yes, but I think the the process would probably have involved a fair few complications and red tape, could be wrong of course.

I'm not sure myself either, but at that point the SFA hadn't granted the transfer of our membership, so we were essentially without an association membership and had the opportunity to apply to join a different one and apply for a different league.

It's really a moot point now though and I didn't intend to take Andy's thread on a complete tangent. :D

Regarding rejoining the SPL: I think I'd probably be perfectly happy if the club told them to stick their corrupt league where the sun doesn't shine and start the application process to move to an English league now. I didn't feel that way a few months ago before the SPL voted us out, but my mind's been completely changed on the subject of moving to England. I think the club could put together a very compelling case for an application to join another association and one of it's leagues considering how we've been treated by the SPL & SFA.

I'm not sure myself either, but at that point the SFA hadn't granted the transfer of our membership, so we were essentially without an association membership and had the opportunity to apply to join a different one and apply for a different league.

It's really a moot point now though and I didn't intend to take Andy's thread on a complete tangent. :D

Regarding rejoining the SPL: I think I'd probably be perfectly happy if the club told them to stick their corrupt league where the sun doesn't shine and start the application process to move to an English league now. I didn't feel that way a few months ago before the SPL voted us out, but my mind's been completely changed on the subject of moving to England. I think the club could put together a very compelling case for an application to join another association and one of it's leagues considering how we've been treated by the SPL & SFA.

The big risk in that would have been if the English knocked us back and the SFL thought you had your chance to join us but preffered England, so stuff you and left us nowhere..