Bill McMurdo - Political Conspiracies & Football Clubs

September 14, 2012 · by billmcmurdo · in Uncategorized

I want to start todayâ??s blog with a quote from a friend of mine, Davie Bell:

â??For anybody that doesnâ??t believe that the government, the police, a football association & the media could cover up the real truth to bring down a mighty footballing institution to suit their own agenda, then you need only look at yesterdays revelations regarding the terrible tragedy at Hillsborough. I am not comparing the awful loss of life that happened at Hillsborough to what has happened to Rangers but it does show the lengths those in control will revert to to get what they want. Iâ??m not a fan of Liverpool FC but what happened to that club and itâ??s fans was an absolute disgrace by those who conspired against them. At last there is justice for the 96, despite the cover up. The truth of the conspiracy against them â?? and us -eventually will out. We Are The People!â?

Davieâ??s words echo my own thoughts and the thinking of many other people, particularly those of a bluenose persuasion.

Anyone who doubts that a football club can be targetted by â??the powers that beâ? and be subject to a vicious, organised and relentless campaign to besmirch the clubâ??s reputation and vilify its fans need only look at the despicable Hillsborough affair.

Of course, what Davie said is bang on the money, that the loss of life at Hillsborough far outweighs what is happening at Rangers but the inescapable reality of collusion across many sectors of public life that resulted in a hatchet job on Liverpool Football Club and its supporters proves beyond question that football clubs can be the victim of political conspiracies.

It also has to be pointed out that Liverpool FC has never recovered its footballing dominance and glory since the awful events of Hillsborough. Small wonder, considering the disgusting cloud hanging over the club â?? a cloud created by the deception, false testimony and smearing engaged in by police officers, politicians and an all-too-complicit media, including the utterly discredited Sun.

Hillsborough must be a wake-up call to the nation and a clarion sound of warning to people here in Scotland, where a conspiracy of massive proportions can be clearly witnessed in the vile attempt to destroy Rangers Football Club and denigrate its massive support.

This weekâ??s revelations that what would appear to be excessively rigorous police searches are being carried out by Strathclyde Police at home games involving Rangers, coupled with the reports of Rangers buses being stopped and searched throughout Scotland, leads one to a worrying conclusion that the Police are being used as a pawn in the conspiracy against Scotlandâ??s biggest club.

I have always held the view that here in Scotland we have the best police force anywhere in Britain. I appreciate the difficult job they do here in this country, having to cope with what is at times a very complex social situation. It frankly grieves me to see them used as a means of expressing political ill-will towards Rangers. My own opinion is that nationalising the police force can only add to the danger that the police become a politicised organisation.

It is not the police who are Rangersâ?? enemies. But Rangers, like Liverpool, have enemies at a high level and, more importantly, enemies in dark corners who harbour a burning hatred and frenzied malice towards the club.

One thing the Hillsborough affair brought out is something I have been blogging about consistently, often to the great annoyance of those who would rather I ignored the big elephant in the room. I am talking about the politicising of football. Politicians stuck their nose into the Hillsborough Disaster and used the occasion to curry support by waffling on about hooliganism, always a vote-winner.

The 96 who survived on that awful day in 1989 were victims, not hooligans. Just like those who survived the tragedy.

Hillsborough proved that football fans are an easy target. They are a convenient political football to be kicked around.

Rangers fans certainly know that feeling. They know what it is like to be smeared and mocked. They know what it is like to be abandoned by their football association. They know what it is like to see the envy of others who use the clubâ??s misfortune as a chance to put the boot in. And Rangers fans know what it is like to be the target of politicians who use their power in malicious ways.

Just like Liverpool fans do.

Of course, no-one would compare the pain of Hillsborough with the pain Gers fans have been feeling this past few months.

Thatâ??s not the point.

The point is, no-one can ever say conspiracies against football clubs donâ??t exist.

Never mind football being more important than life or death â?? to politicians, votes are more important than anything.

And, as we now can see by the damning evidence of their own report, they will go to any lengths to get them.

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2012/09/14/political-conspiracies-football-clubs/

Why would there be a conspiracy against LFC? I thought they were adored by show biz, media and politicos, which is why I went off them after beiing interested in the Liddellpool days and an admirer in the Hall, Heighway and Tommy Smith era.

Why would there be a conspiracy against LFC? I thought they were adored by show biz, media and politicos, which is why I went off them after beiing interested in the Liddellpool days and an admirer in the Hall, Heighway and Tommy Smith era.

You been living on Mars for the last few days?

Easy answer self interest but a lot more happened at Hillsborough than just self interest.

Is anyone else getting tired of the daily conspiracies in relation to our club? FFS it used to be about supporting a football team. Now (acccording to some) I now have to stop loving my country of birth and stop thinking for myself with regards to who I want to vote for. I also need to read carefully between the lines, check the space between their eyes, notice what foot they kick with, work out what school they went to.... What's next? Do I stop eating pototoes? Do I stop drinking Guiness? Do I never wear a kilt again? blah blah blah.... I just can't live my life like that tbh

Edited by Max Rebo's Big Blue Nose

Is anyone else getting tired of the daily conspiracies in relation to our club? FFS it used to be about supporting a football team. Now (acccording to some) I now have to stop loving my country of birth and stop thinking for myself with regards to who I want to vote for. I also need to read carefully between the lines' date=' check the space between their eyes, notice what foot they kick with, work out what school they went to.... What's next? Do I stop eating pototoes? Do I stop drinking Guiness? Do I never wear a kilt again? blah blah blah.... I kind live my life like that tbh[/quote']

Mirror image Tims I call them. Soon they'll be calling football phone-ins under assumed names and accusing everybody without Union Jack boxers on of victimising them.

Mirror image Tims I call them. Soon they'll be calling football phone-ins under assumed names and accusing everybody without Union Jack boxers on of victimising them.

Are you still on Rangers Media Juan? That's place has seriously lost the plot IMO. It actually makes me embarrassed to be Gers fan tbh. It's like Arthur Miller's The Crucible. You say one word out of turn and you're immediately accused of being a Timposter, ****, republican, terrorist, paedo.... It's off the charts. i used to call celtic "Salem FC" but I fear we are giving their nutters a run for their money

Edited by Max Rebo's Big Blue Nose

I enjoy some of Bill McMurdo's blogs but I had to laugh the other day when I read about how we are under attack from the malign forces of the SNP,The Catholic Church, Opus Dei, Newscorp, The Barclay Brothers, Apple, Microsoft and General Motors.

We are on the wrong end of a witch-hunt of that there is no doubt but it's one that is contained within Scottish Football and is driven by jealousy, hatred and bigotry. Jealousy from every other set of fans and every other SPL club, Hatred from the Tims and their representatives and Bigotry from the zealots and most twisted mutants out there. I can fully understand fans feeling under siege and being suspicious of every shadow and development in this saga but you still have to retain a sense of perspective. Where will it end?

PS Max, I've never been on any other Rangers forum...are you telling me there's a Juanposter out therer?

Edited by Juancornetto