Bill McMurdo - Political Conspiracies & Football Clubs

I enjoy some of Bill McMurdo's blogs but I had to laugh the other day when I read about how we are under attack from the malign forces of the SNP,The Catholic Church, Opus Dei, Newscorp, The Barclay Brothers, Apple, Microsoft and General Motors.

We are on the wrong end of a witch-hunt of that there is no doubt but it's one that is contained within Scottish Football and is driven by jealousy, hatred and bigotry. Jealousy from every other set of fans and every other SPL club, Hatred from the Tims and their representatives and Bigotry from the zealots and most twisted mutants out there. I can fully understand fans feeling under siege and being suspicious of every shadow and development in this saga but you still have to retain a sense of perspective. Where will it end?

PS Max, I've never been on any other Rangers forum...are you telling me there's a Juanposter out therer?

I recall you from the old 606 days and thought for some reason you were on RM. I got banned by the Mods from there after about 2 days after being called "Republican" due to me stating that i supported Scotland! And this was before all this SFA stuff!

Anyway it's all very sad. The blog you speak of above was quite funny. I genuinely don't get the whole SNP and the Catholic Church thing. If anything I would say it is the opposite as the SNP have gone out their way to support gay marriage much to the rage of the "holy hypocrites". Live and let live I say and if it annoys the Catholic church even better!

Edited by Max Rebo's Big Blue Nose

Why would there be a conspiracy against LFC? I thought they were adored by show biz, media and politicos, which is why I went off them after beiing interested in the Liddellpool days and an admirer in the Hall, Heighway and Tommy Smith era.

I don't think it's right to describe Hillsborough as a conspiracy against Liverpool FC, more a conspiracy to cover up and protect people who should have been punished and to deflect blame onto the blameless. I think the fact it was Liverpool supporters who died helped some of those involved in this conspiracy justify it to themselves though. The Liverpool of that time was the city of Derek Hatton and Militant Tendency, Toxteth riots and strong anti-Thatcherist ideas voiced publicly in work like No Surrender, Letter to Brezhnev and Boys for the Blackstuff. Demonising Liverpudlians wasn't a great leap in the thought processes of many involved.

I'm uncomfortable with McMurdo's blog, what happened at Hillsborough and subsequently over the last two decades is one of the most shameful episode in Britain in my 42 years here. It in no way compares to what has happened to us. We brought this on ourselves, we allowed successive owners deceive us and run our club badly. That others have taken advantage of that doesn't detract from our own culpability. The Liverpool fans who died that did NOTHING wrong, they simply went to see their team play a match the way all of us have done over the years.

It's not a good parallel to draw.

I don't remember the time when Scotland had this wonderful police force. They are - as they must be - the means by which the elected government maintains a monopoly on the legitimate use of force. It's only when that force is used against you that you notice it might not always be quite fair.

I can't see a better system available, but that doesn't mean it's great, either then or now.

Why would there be a conspiracy against LFC? I thought they were adored by show biz, media and politicos, which is why I went off them after beiing interested in the Liddellpool days and an admirer in the Hall, Heighway and Tommy Smith era.

Stuff had to be covered up due to horribly mistakes and misjudgement made by the officer in charge and police.

I enjoy some of Bill McMurdo's blogs but I had to laugh the other day when I read about how we are under attack from the malign forces of the SNP,The Catholic Church, Opus Dei, Newscorp, The Barclay Brothers, Apple, Microsoft and General Motors.

We are on the wrong end of a witch-hunt of that there is no doubt but it's one that is contained within Scottish Football and is driven by jealousy, hatred and bigotry. Jealousy from every other set of fans and every other SPL club, Hatred from the Tims and their representatives and Bigotry from the zealots and most twisted mutants out there. I can fully understand fans feeling under siege and being suspicious of every shadow and development in this saga but you still have to retain a sense of perspective. Where will it end?

PS Max, I've never been on any other Rangers forum...are you telling me there's a Juanposter out therer?

Well going by your middle paragraph JC you just described a conspiracy, multiple Groups who have came together with one aim in mind to hinder or bring about the downfall of Rangers.

Anybody who thinks the last 6 months of shit we have faced isn't controlled by a few powerful people in Scottish Football to suit their agenda is simply ignoring the obvious.

Edited by GovanAllan

I don't remember the time when Scotland had this wonderful police force. They are - as they must be - the means by which the elected government maintains a monopoly on the legitimate use of force. It's only when that force is used against you that you notice it might not always be quite fair.

I can't see a better system available, but that doesn't mean it's great, either then or now.

What needs changed is who investigates the police when they do something wrong. In this case it was the West Midlands Constabulary who investigated the South Yorkshire force, the police investigating themselves is hugely flawed. They can only have deliberately overlooked the changed statements and organised attempts to discredit the dead. It needs to be an outside body that investigates the police, they simply can't be trusted to do it themselves. In America, not usually my first stop for law enforcement advice, the FBI operate completely independently of the police. It's not the worst system in the world either.

The waters were further muddied by the 'debt' the Thatcher government owed to the South Yorkshire police for their help in destroying the miners strike. No way was that government ever going to do anything but help the senior officers in that force.

Well going by your middle paragraph JC you just described a conspiracy, multiple Groups who have came together with one aim in mind to hinder or bring about the downfall of Rangers.

Anybody who thinks the last 6 months of shit we have faced isn't controlled by a few powerful people in Scottish Football to suit their agenda is simply ignoring the obvious.

I'm in no doubt that Lawell/Reid, Regan and Doncaster are trying to take advantage of us and exact some kind of "revenge" for all the perceived injustices that the Sellick minded have been bleating about forever and in doing that it may well have spread to quite far up the tree but saying that we are "under attack in a cultural war" is taking it too far and starting to creep into the territory of the rabid bheast.

I'm in no doubt that Lawell/Reid, Regan and Doncaster are trying to take advantage of us and exact some kind of "revenge" for all the perceived injustices that the Sellick minded have been bleating about forever and in doing that it may well have spread to quite far up the tree but saying that we are "under attack in a cultural war" is taking it too far and starting to creep into the territory of the rabid bheast.

Cultural war maybe not but I can see the point that some are making when all the bullets seem to be made by Celtic and friends of Celtic and then fired by their willing accomplices in the media and Hampden, you then look at Holyrood where they rush through a completely useless and unneeded law then appear to use it to hammer just one set of supporters, is it hardly surprising that some see it as cultural war.

Guest Cooperfan

So his conspiracy theory is shite but your conspiracy theory is right.