Hearts fans reaction to todays game...

http://www.hearts.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=38596

I don't normally have a go at supporters of other clubs here, but after today's showing at Tynecastle I just have to mention the behaviour of the Rangers crowd.

What I heard and saw today was completely unacceptable and severe action should be taken against Rangers as a result.

I thought that they had clamped down on sectarian chanting there. Yeah right. I'm lucky if I heard more than a single song from that end of the ground that didn't involve something that could be construed as bigoted. In other words, it was business as usual when Rangers are in town. Barely a minute went by without us hearing references to the Pope, Irish politics and wars from more than 300 years ago. Where is the relevance?!

To add to the normal repertoire of battle hymns from the blue hordes, we were also treated to the occasional Nazi salute from our Glaswegian friends. They also took a particular liking to Hearts' substitute Jose Goncalves, who was given the monkey noise treatment when he touched the ball near the corner flag at the Rangers end.

Craig Gordon seems to have some fans from Ibrox too, as we saw when a couple of missiles were aimed at him midway through the second half. Perhaps this is their way of encouraging Craig to sign for Celtic at the end of the season!

I'm no lover of the PC brigade, but this sort of stuff is sickening and should have no place in society, let alone football. Rangers should have the book thrown at them if they're not prepared to take serious action to eradicate this sort of rubbish. But they won't - we just know they won't. They've been getting away with it for years and will probably do so forever more.

I've said it before, but there's no way that Rangers will start banning their fans in bulk for singing sectarian songs. It just wouldn't make financial sense for them to do so - there are thousands of people singing these songs, not just a handful of 30 or 40. Don't let anyone kid you otherwise.

It's just a shame that other clubs in Scotland do not have the same sort of huge fanbase and power as Rangers, or indeed Celtic, whose away support have a similar problem that they are perenially in denial about. If that was the case then they could just ban these cretins from even coming to their grounds, which would make the afternoon infinitely more enjoyable for those of us who just want to watch the football.

As we walked back to the car today after the match, we were given some abuse from a couple of Burberry-clad Rangers fans, who decided that we were 'Embra jakies'! They were urinating into someone's front garden in the Murrayfield area at the time.

That just about says it all doesn't it?

Funny on the same day they are accused of racism by their own club...

Not to say they are racist but it shows you can pull out the bigotted card any time you like without explaining it properly.

The patheticness of the article is that it doesn't explain what it was exactly that was bigotted...

It's easy to go on about battle cries but what is wrong with that? Gerry McNee thinks that following your team to Dublin is sectarian..., Spiers thinks Derry's Walls and the Sash are sectarian, the Tims think the bouncy, the national anthem, the Great Escape and the Dambusters are sectarian...

A load of people think the use of the Irish F word is sectarian when it's used by Celtic fans and some Irish to decribe themselves...

So, if someone is going to accuse us of sectarianism, please would they include the offensive words and explain why they are so offensive!

I'm not saying Rangers fans aren't offensive but it's just too easy to sling mud without explaining yourself.

There are many songs I'd like to get rid of but I'm not going to take mock offence at songs that although are nothing to do with Rangers, are not sectarian in any way.

Funny on the same day they are accused of racism by their own club...

Not to say they are racist but it shows you can pull out the bigotted card any time you like without explaining it properly.

The patheticness of the article is that it doesn't explain what it was exactly that was bigotted...

It's easy to go on about battle cries but what is wrong with that? Gerry McNee thinks that following your team to Dublin is sectarian..., Spiers thinks Derry's Walls and the Sash are sectarian, the Tims think the bouncy, the national anthem, the Great Escape and the Dambusters are sectarian...

A load of people think the use of the Irish F word is sectarian when it's used by Celtic fans and some Irish to decribe themselves...

So, if someone is going to accuse us of sectarianism, please would they include the offensive words and explain why they are so offensive!

I'm not saying Rangers fans aren't offensive but it's just too easy to sling mud without explaining yourself.

There are many songs I'd like to get rid of but I'm not going to take mock offence at songs that although are nothing to do with Rangers, are not sectarian in any way.

i think you should post that in response to their article.

That site sums up the "us against the world" paranoia that's going on down Tynecastle way at the moment.

The only thing I would say is that our away support seem to be making the most of their chance to be heard at such matches and as such, its ruining the good work that has been achieved at Ibrox as regards some of the songs this season.

Guest Stan Smith

The upsurge in anything anti-Rangers at Hearts over the last 2/3 years has been borderline breathtaking. It is any wonder that any Sundays schools can keep going what with every single poor wee tulip attending Tynecastle of a Sunday.

They are utterly pathetic.

Particulalry pathetic when anyone who has had the misfortune to visit their grubby wee outpost will testify to their behaviour inside and outside the ground. The T-arriers have rightly been vilified (not enough as they attempt to airbrush history) about the shameful bananas and Mark Walters episode, but lets not forget the vile behaviour of their support the next week albeit in much smaller numbers. The "rat run" away from Tynecastle is an unpoliced rabbot shoot with their casuals walking through the Rangers support looking for a fight. Their support in the ground with their throat cutting gestures and rabid spewing of vitriol is also another "splendour" from the "capitol" of Scotchland.

Puddle jumping, hypocritical babies who need their nappies changed.

Flats flats glorious flats

Re: Calscot's racism comment, this is one of their employees accusing them of it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/6164896.stm

Look towards the bottom.

Now maybe it's just me, but the booing of the RB prob had nothing to do with his nationality, but more o do with the fact he is one of the worst players I've seen in the SPL? :confused:

I've also seen a post today from a Jambo who was hit by a coin thrown by one of their own fans which was meant for the pitch. Apparently this has happened a couple of times recently at Tynecastle. Its bizarre reading the different Scottish footy forums, its all about the Gers fans and very little about the actual footy.

In an ideal world DM or similar would come out today and condone the throwing incident but stand up for us where appropriate.

Guest Stan Smith
I've also seen a post today from a Jambo who was hit by a coin thrown by one of their own fans which was meant for the pitch. Apparently this has happened a couple of times recently at Tynecastle. Its bizarre reading the different Scottish footy forums, its all about the Gers fans and very little about the actual footy.

In an ideal world DM or similar would come out today and condone the throwing incident but stand up for us where appropriate.

You see, I have a wee problem with that. I have sat in the Rangers section at the Main stand end at Tynecastle (wasnt there yesterday) on 3 seperate occassions, and I have only ever seen the Hearts guys throwing coins. For the record, I'm a big hairy erser, and I would never bring this up ordinarily as it is a slightly "w_anky" thing to do, but the fact that a Hearts fan has brought this up as part of their twice yearly bilge against us is frankly borderline laughable.

They really are a desperate shower of hypocrites