Stirling Albion secretary Dick King slammed for branding Rangers fans 'Huns' online

...so he has resigned. Good! Can someone point me to where the H word is sectarian?

Only asking because I found this on Wiki......

Hun

(Scotland) - a term used as a derogatory term for a Protestant, specifically supporters of the team Rangers, a traditionally Protestant club of the Scottish Premier League.[5] Rangers supporters have been active in having this term recognised as sectarian. However, given this term is used by fans of many clubs in Scotland to describe Rangers supporters, it seems unlikely that this is being used as a sectarian term.[6][7][8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_slurs

Stirling Albion Club statement - http://www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/2012/09/18/club-statement/

Posted on September 18th, 2012 at 11:42

In response to the article in today’s Daily Record, with regard to the comments made on an unofficial fans’ forum, on behalf of everyone associated with the Club, I apologise unreservedly for any offence caused to Rangers FC and their supporters. I have spoken with Mr King this morning and, without hesitation, he intimated that he will be stepping down, with immediate effect, from all involvement at SAFC.

For his part, he has asked that the following statement be made public:

“I apologise unreservedly for remarks which I made on a Stirling Albion unofficial website in respect of Rangers FC. In so doing, I am removing myself forthwith from any further involvement with Stirling Albion FC in any capacity. I hope that both clubs will now be able to move forward unbesmirched by my actions and I wish them well for the future.

“I will be making no further comment.”

I would wish to assure Rangers FC and their fans that nothing apart from the hand of friendship will be extended to them at Forthbank Stadium on 6 October, and indeed at any time.

We have a very close and healthy relationship with Rangers that has been built up over many years and I fervently hope that this isolated (unacceptable) incident will not serve to impact detrimentally on this.

We have the utmost respect for the Club and their supporters and I have been particularly impressed by the manner in which Charles Green, his associates, and, perhaps most significantly, their fans have handled themselves during what has been an extremely difficult period in their proud Club’s history.

Stuart Brown

Operations Director

Stirling Albion FC

Swift action and a good response. Now this should be forgotten about.

Again, however, this really puts the BBC and others to shame for continually allowing and promoting the use of the term.

Swift action and a good response. Now this should be forgotten about.

Again, however, this really puts the BBC and others to shame for continually allowing and promoting the use of the term.

Particularly Cosgrove, he has a proven track record. He laments the lack of frequency of the term and questions it's withdrawal.

Of course, back in the mid-90s, Stuarty was arrested(but not charged) at Queen Street station after a Rangers/St Johnstone semi-final at ra Stydome. After a 4-0 doing, he lost his discipline and indulged in a chorus of, 'Can you spot a handsome H**'? Now, the PF decided NOT to pursue the charge and there's the rub. A number of PFs in west central Scotland will often drop such a case, whilst progressing others with necessary vigour. Remember the statistics must show sectarianism to be a one-way street.

...so he has resigned. Good! Can someone point me to where the H word is sectarian?

Hun

(Scotland) - a term used as a derogatory term for a Protestant, specifically supporters of the team Rangers, a traditionally Protestant club of the Scottish Premier League.[5] Rangers supporters have been active in having this term recognised as sectarian. However, given this term is used by fans of many clubs in Scotland to describe Rangers supporters, it seems unlikely that this is being used as a sectarian term.[6][7][8]

Was there not a court case when a Mhanky got done for having Hun on his T-Shirt, the judge must have got mixed up that day.

Hun

Wikkipedia can be written by anyone and you can guess who are incredibly and obsessionally active when it comes to references to Rangers.