Charles Green in Canada. Big news here

Maybe "win" is too positive a word, but that situation could have turned out so much worse for us.

Let's not forget that Glennie declared the sanction unvalid, not the verdict. The "power-that-be" could have chosen a more servere sanction from the list and there would have been nothing we could do to stop them.

Also, as 54andcounting says, the difference between a straight ban and a suspended ban is immense.

Like it or not, the anti-Rangers in positions of authority have the power (and, at that point, had the opportunity) to hurt us very badly. We negotiated our way through it well, I think.

Agreed, I find it hard to believe some think that we held power in that situation simply because we're Rangers and a cash cow. This whole mess has shown hatred for us outweighs things like that and people are more than willing to cut their nose off to spite their face.

RANGERS are on the brink of sealing a deal with strip manufacturing giants adidas to produce the Ibrox club's kit from next season.

Chief executive Charles Green and director Imran Ahmad revealed to fans in Canada that the club hopes to announce the partnership with the German giants, who will take over from Umbro, next week.

Green and Ahmad are on a whistle-stop tour of four cities â?? Toronto, New York, Orlando and Houston â?? in four days to speak to North American supportersâ?? groups and discuss commercial and sporting partnerships â?? including a potential link-up with NFL giants Dallas Cowboys.

Ahmad told fans in Toronto: â??Fingers crossed we will sign with adidas this week.

â??They said to me weâ??ve lost Liverpool and Real Madrid, Rangers will be the biggest club we have. We would have spots in adidas stores in North America. There are massive brand development opportunities.

â??We have been in talks with Dallas Cowboys about commercial partnership and we are looking to start an academy in North America.â?

It was also revealed former Gers ace Claudio Reyna and Carlos Bocanegra, currently on loan at Racing Santander, could be used as Rangers/adidas ambassadors.

Meanwhile, Green has insisted Motherwell and their fans will be warmly welcomed at Ibrox for next Wednesdayâ??s League Cup tie â?? because they didnâ??t really want to kick Rangers out of the SPL.

Well are the first top flight club to visit Gers since their Third Division demotion but Green believes the Steelmen were forced into a corner.

He said: â??Not everyone in the room wanted Rangers out of that league.

â??We recognise what happened and when some of these clubs come to Ibrox they will be welcome. Others won't be so welcome.â?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-chief-charles-green-set-1335458

Green has insisted Motherwell and their fans will be warmly welcomed at Ibrox for next Wednesday’s League Cup tie – because they didn’t really want to kick Rangers out of the SPL.

How does he know that?

Why then did they vote us out?

What would have happened to them is they hadn't?

How does he know that?

Why then did they vote us out?

What would have happened to them is they hadn't?

I suppose that some of the clubs would have been fearing a "no Rangers plus Mhank boycott" scenario if they'd voted for us to stay but been out-voted.

I seem to remember, though, that the fans of most of the SPL clubs, when canvassed, said they wanted us out. Don't know if they were properly representative ballots, or if the results reflected the views of the board.

Maybe Green's trying to build bridges, maybe he's trying to stir up or wind up particular parties... Dunno really.

RANGERS are on the brink of sealing a deal with strip manufacturing giants adidas to produce the Ibrox club's kit from next season.

Chief executive Charles Green and director Imran Ahmad revealed to fans in Canada that the club hopes to announce the partnership with the German giants, who will take over from Umbro, next week.

Green and Ahmad are on a whistle-stop tour of four cities – Toronto, New York, Orlando and Houston – in four days to speak to North American supporters’ groups and discuss commercial and sporting partnerships – including a potential link-up with NFL giants Dallas Cowboys.

Ahmad told fans in Toronto: “Fingers crossed we will sign with adidas this week.

“They said to me we’ve lost Liverpool and Real Madrid, Rangers will be the biggest club we have. We would have spots in adidas stores in North America. There are massive brand development opportunities.

“We have been in talks with Dallas Cowboys about commercial partnership and we are looking to start an academy in North America.”

It was also revealed former Gers ace Claudio Reyna and Carlos Bocanegra, currently on loan at Racing Santander, could be used as Rangers/adidas ambassadors.

Meanwhile, Green has insisted Motherwell and their fans will be warmly welcomed at Ibrox for next Wednesday’s League Cup tie – because they didn’t really want to kick Rangers out of the SPL.

Well are the first top flight club to visit Gers since their Third Division demotion but Green believes the Steelmen were forced into a corner.

He said: “Not everyone in the room wanted Rangers out of that league.

“We recognise what happened and when some of these clubs come to Ibrox they will be welcome. Others won't be so welcome.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-chief-charles-green-set-1335458

When did Real Madrid and Adidas part ways? Have Real signed a new deal for next season with someone else? Not seen it on any footie strip sites

Ahem, regarding the transfer embargo, methinks he clearly pointed at blackmail. No transfer embargo = no SFA licence, no Rangers FC playing football (in Scotland).

As for the tribunal ... he's challenging, but on a different level. I for one would assume he chose this way on purpose, though we would obviously like it more direct. That said, GDS will challenge the tribunal thing directly, as could any oldco shareholder. You do wonder why none but GDS does ...

gds says nearly as much as green and delivers nearly as little.

gds says nearly as much as green and delivers nearly as little.

There was no court case yet and GDS has not represented us thus far. As for Green delivering "little" ... I fail to see any relevance to the current issue? What little or much could he have delivered by now and how?

There was no court case yet and GDS has not represented us thus far. As for Green delivering "little" ... I fail to see any relevance to the current issue? What little or much could he have delivered by now and how?

I'm comparing both their records on what they say compared to what happens.

in fairness I've been harsh on green some of what he says actually happens.

There was nothing so far where GDS could represent Rangers in any capacity until now. And AFAIK, no outcome about his oldco/admin stunt has been revealed just yet.

Anyway, some more action by our British-based oldco shareholders would sure make it more difficult for HL and the SPL to punish us.