Slightly concerned about feedback from Green's NI trip

Did the last orange coloured top which was released not prove to be the best selling Rangers top of all time ?

I think you're right, and I'm sure an orange top would sell extremely well today - but there ought to be more to this decision than financial profit.

Orange is a perfectly nice colour, but we have club colours. Any change from them would presumably be to commemorate something or other.

Why has an orange strip been suggested? It's because some Northern Irish (and some Scottish) fans would like a football shirt that shows their orange order connections. It's not been suggested because the colour orange is aesthetically pleasing. If someone had complained because we got a sponsorship from Irn Bru and had an orange logo on our shirts, that would be different. They'd be petty and wrong. But that's not what's happening.

Do I think we should have a shirt commemorating a link with any particular political or religious organisations? No, personally I don't. Football trascends (or it ought to transcend) that shite.

I know that the connection is strong and I know how an orange strip would be percieved by a lot of people, but I've got fundamental issues with that perception.

The post from Anchorman about the old Rangers LP (from before I was born) and the inclusion of the song "Orange Lilly'o" reminded me of the fact that I bought my mum a couple of bunches of orange lilies this year, but the symbolic nature of orange lilies to some people doesn't mean anything to others. I actually bought them for my mum because for some reason I remembered that my gran and papa used to like orange lilies or I had a vague recollection of my mum telling me when I was very young that's why she had orange lilies in the garden. So to me orange lilies have a purely sentimental value and their other symbolic meanings and connotations have no bearing on my flower or plant purchasing decisions even although I do obviously know that other people view them in a completely different light so to speak.

The idea of an orange Rangers top is a bit like that for me too in the sense that if one was released by the club as part of our 3rd strip, I would be fully aware of the symbolic nature and the connotations, but I would buy it for other, far more personal reasons and for me it would just be because I genuinely like the colour. But then there's probably not too many artistic people (I'm artistic) out there who don't like the colour orange, so I would at least know in my heart that I'm not alone!

Aye, you're a regular Freud. The problem with arguing with an idiot is you drag me down to your level then beat me with experience.

I wasn't aware Freud dealt in the bleeding obvious, and those words I quoted were yours - no? Oh wait (read on.....) "I dragged you down to my level"....aahhh right. You pesky kids - I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you......

Aw dinkums - why are you resorting to personal insults? After you telling me off for that very thing and all....

Oh and by the way I'd stick a wee top on if I were you....you'll catch your death standing about like that......all that gay talk going on as well on earlier posts. Can't be too careful!

Edited by Anchorman

Did the last orange coloured top which was released not prove to be the best selling Rangers top of all time ?

yes and that is why the offended went after us, to put a stop to our income. much like our songs, our best song was targeted and they took that off us too.