Slightly concerned about feedback from Green's NI trip

And likewise AMMS Im grateful for your fothright reply. I dont agree with everyone youve written - particularly towards the leadership - but thats neither here or there for this discussion. You make a very important point though...

I'd add though that position is quite different from the one they hold here, and that's a significant point in this debate.

A point she makes on a number of occasions in actual fact.

So any opposition to an orange strip must be viewed through the prism of present day Scotland, because that's where most of us are. If the OO are misunderstood and badly maligned it's not up to Rangers to fix that.

Perhaps in this huge thread something has been forgotten.

It was Rangers supporters in Northern Ireland who asked the question regarding the possibility of an orange top. If Charles Green decides that its a goer as a tribute to the many bears from Ulster who follow week after week - then I have no problem with that.

If others wish to maliciously, erroneously or mischieviously infer or believe its for any other reason then let them. Let that be their shame.

It was Rangers supporters in Northern Ireland who asked the question regarding the possibility of an orange top. If Charles Green decides that its a goer as a tribute to the many bears from Ulster who follow week after week - then I have no problem with that.

If others wish to maliciously, erroneously or mischieviously infer or believe its for any other reason then let them. Let that be their shame.

Come on, man, that's miles off target.

If Rangers FC want to pay tribute to fans from Ulster there are many ways to do it - pay for their travel on a specific weekend, play in the province, have a Red Hand flag day - I doubt if many of us would have a problem with that despite it, too, being open to charges of 'offensiveness' from the usual suspects - maybe a 5% discount on season books, I mean the only limit is your imagination. Flinging the sop of an Orange top at them (and expecting them to pay for it, I might add) is not only the least imaginative tribute possible, it verges on exploitation.

If Rangers FC want to pay tribute to fans from Ulster there are many ways to do it - pay for their travel on a specific weekend, play in the province, have a Red Hand flag day - I doubt if many of us would have a problem with that despite it, too, being open to charges of 'offensiveness' from the usual suspects - maybe a 5% discount on season books, I mean the only limit is your imagination. Flinging the sop of an Orange top at them (and expecting them to pay for it, I might add) is not only the least imaginative tribute possible, it verges on exploitation.

Charles Green could invite them all over for an all expenses paid weekend with 5 star accomodation, free match ticket and hospitality package and free bevvy for the whole trip. No boats and and busses either, 1st class flights for all !! Anyone who can't make it over gets a cheque for a grand and packet of money tree seeds!!

Charles Green could invite them all over for an all expenses paid weekend with 5 star accomodation, free match ticket and hospitality package and free bevvy for the whole trip. No boats and and busses either, 1st class flights for all !! Anyone who can't make it over gets a cheque for a grand and packet of money tree seeds!!

Can't do you a money tree, will a (We Are The) People Tree do? Now, this is imaginative.

I think Andy its you thats miles off target.

The suggestion has been made by Northern Irish Rangers supporters - not the club.

I agree there are many other ways for the club to show its appreciation - but an orange top was what was mentioned at the meeting.

from 'Toy Story':

Buzz Lightyear: 'You're mocking me, aren't you?'

It could also be viewed as a criticism of David Murray for thinking he had a money tree! ;)

Edited by Zappa
forgot the bit about SDM's money tree

And because I live in Holland I get hit with an Orange tee-shirt from the pound shop. Yeh thanks.;)