Slightly concerned about feedback from Green's NI trip

LoL, you've just had a pop at one of the sections of that community or do Ulster Protestants not count.

What ARE you on about. You can read English can't you? I haven't had a pop at anyone. Protestants are supposed to be, "good" as they they follow the teachings of Christ, those that aren't "good" aren't being Protestants. Do you even know anything about the Christian religion?

Where have I said that Ulster protestants don't count? What I said is that they are no more important to me in the context of fans than any other Rangers fans from other locations and religions/non-religions.

Why do you think that Ulster Protestants are far more important than all other Rangers fans? I can think of some other people from another club who think they should have extra special treatment due to "what they've been through", but I never thought it would be like that for Rangers fans.

Do you think that Ulster Catholics, Muslims and non-religious people DON'T count? Do Scottish protestants and the rest NOT count?

I think when it comes to Rangers, ALL Rangers fans count equally. What bit of that don't you understand?

Nope.

This thread shows that some Rangers fans think that no particular section of our support should get special treatment.

What special treatment have they got, they asked for something that's it and a lot of fans not from Ulster will buy it in their thousands so going by that argument the majority of fans want something and are getting special treatmant so it's a bad thing, or is it because the Ulster bears asked for it that so upsets you.

First time this was mentioned was by a fan in the queue for tickets, I doubt very much he came all the way over just to buy tickets and have the off chance to ask CG the infamous question.

What ARE you on about. You can read English can't you? I haven't had a pop at anyone. Protestants are supposed to be, "good" as they they follow the teachings of Christ, those that aren't "good" aren't being Protestants. Do you even know anything about the Christian religion?

Where have I said that Ulster protestants don't count? What I said is that they are no more important to me in the context of fans than any other Rangers fans from other locations and religions/non-religions.

Why do you think that Ulster Protestants are far more important than all other Rangers fans? I can think of some other people from another club who think they should have extra special treatment due to "what they've been through", but I never thought it would be like that for Rangers fans.

Do you think that Ulster Catholics, Muslims and non-religious people DON'T count? Do Scottish protestants and the rest NOT count?

I think when it comes to Rangers, ALL Rangers fans count equally. What bit of that don't you understand?

Are a politician Cal because you never answer a question, you just go off one a rant about this and that.

You've as much as called anyone who wants an Orange strip bigots for wanting to be associated with the OO, when everyone has pointed out that the colour Orange means much more than just the OO to a lot of people.

And to answer your question, the bit where Ulster Bears should be condemned for asking for an Orange strip and then the subsequent crap written about them on this thread.

Edited by GovanAllan

What special treatment have they got, they asked for something that's it and a lot of fans not from Ulster will buy it in their thousands so going by that argument the majority of fans want something and are getting special treatmant so it's a bad thing, or is it because the Ulster bears asked for it that so upsets you.

First time this was mentioned was by a fan in the queue for tickets, I doubt very much he came all the way over just to buy tickets and have the off chance to ask CG the infamous question.

No it's not because Ulster bears asked for it. Why do you always have to project some "unwritten" negative motive onto anyone who disagrees with your statements?

I'm pretty sure I've made my point clear but I'll write it again: I don't think we should issue a strip commemorating the political or religious beliefs of any one particular section of fans. That's not "political correctness", it's political neutrality - because politics has no place in football.

That's all there is to it.

Are a politician Cal because you never answer a question, you just go off one a rant about this and that.

This is getting surreal. What question have I not answered? Please enlighten me?

You've as much as called anyone who wants an Orange strip bigots for wanting to be associated with the OO, when everyone has pointed out that the colour Orange means much more than just the OO to a lot of people.

And what other stuff do you just want to make up out of thin air?

Where have I called anyone a bigot? I've never said the OO are bigoted and I don't think of the OO as being any more bigoted than almost all religious groups. Who actually cares how much a colour means to certain people when it comes to your football club? I assume we have all sorts of fans who have colours from the whole spectrum that mean something to them - so what? Should we pander to them all including a green strip and a pink one and a rainbow one?

I really think there's something wrong with your thinking if you can't see a connection between singing the sash, orange and the OO. I've nothing against the OO but then I've nothing against a lot of groups - but I don't want my club to be associated with any of them. Rangers are supposed to me more than a club to many but that doesn't seem enough for some who want Rangers just to be a small part of something else they see as more important.

And to answer your question, the bit where Ulster Bears should be condemned for asking for an Orange strip and then the subsequent crap written about them on this thread.

Can you show me where it says " Ulster Bears should be condemned for asking for an Orange strip" and "the subsequent crap written about them". I'm lost, you must be speaking a different language or getting the threads mixed up - or most likely just making it up. For what reason, I have no idea, but it is very weird to me.

And go on - you said you'd answer the question... (although I have no idea which question you are supposed to be answering).

This is getting surreal. What question have I not answered? Please enlighten me?

And what other stuff do you just want to make up out of thin air?

Where have I called anyone a bigot? I've never said the OO are bigoted and I don't think of the OO as being any more bigoted than almost all religious groups. Who actually cares how much a colour means to certain people when it comes to your football club? I assume we have all sorts of fans who have colours from the whole spectrum that mean something to them - so what? Should we pander to them all including a green strip and a pink one and a rainbow one?

I really think there's something wrong with your thinking if you can't see a connection between singing the sash, orange and the OO. I've nothing against the OO but then I've nothing against a lot of groups - but I don't want my club to be associated with any of them. Rangers are supposed to me more than a club to many but that doesn't seem enough for some who want Rangers just to be a small part of something else they see as more important.

Can you show me where it says " Ulster Bears should be condemned for asking for an Orange strip" and "the subsequent crap written about them". I'm lost, you must be speaking a different language or getting the threads mixed up - or most likely just making it up. For what reason, I have no idea, but it is very weird to me.

And go on - you said you'd answer the question... (although I have no idea which question you are supposed to be answering).

Well if you've nothing against the colour Orange, the OO or the Sash.

Then lets get the Orange 3rd kit on the shelves and make some money for the club. :thup :

If you don't think an Ulster Bear reading this thread would wonder if he's stumbled onto the wrong site then I give up. :facepalm:

Oh and if you call me a liar again will have a problem ok.

Then lets get the Orange 3rd kit on the shelves and make some money for the club. :thup :

If you don't think an Ulster Bear reading this thread would wonder if he's stumbled onto the wrong site then I give up. :facepalm:

Sorry GA, I dont get this. Surely what calscot was saying is that he is not against the OO et all but he is a against our club directly being associated with it (or any other religious/political group for that matter) To me that's two totally different things

Sorry GA' date=' I dont get this. Surely what calscot was saying is that he is not against the OO et all but he is a against our club directly being associated with it (or any other religious/political group for that matter) To me that's two totally different things[/quote']

If you've no problem with the OO then why the need for this thread then?

The Club aren't coming out with a statement saying they are joining the OO or letting them have meetings in the Blue room they have been asked by a large section of our support if they could be recognised next year with a 3rd kit in the colour they hold dear, for more reasons than some of the crap I've read on here. We've been banging on for years that the club has to reconnect with its fans well here you have it in the cold light of day and seems some don't want that anymore, or least they do but only if it falls into this we must be nice to everybody rule that's sprung up.

Should the club send out a questionnaire with your ST so they can vet you and make sure your appropriate to support Rangers? Of course not that's bloody stupid we take all fans with open arms the good and BAD bits, because they are one of us first a Bear.

So then the only objection would be that your worried what the fans of some other team will think, and to be quite honest I couldn't give a monkeys what they think of me. They see a Rangers top and their mind is made up and nothing I will say or do will change that, I realised that a long time ago and I'm happy in my skin because of it, some more on here need to start getting happy in their skin and stop being worried what everyone outside the Rangers family think.

I've nothing against a lot of songs, colours and religions but that doesn't mean I like them or want them.

I'd be the same if you wanted Rangers fans to sing "You'll never walk alone", wanted the club to change the away strips to bright green and wanted to associate the club with Southern Ireland and/or the Catholic church.

I'd be the same if you wanted Rangers fans to sing "Onward Christian soldiers", have a black strip with red lapels and associate the club with the Salvation Army.

I'd be the same if you wanted Rangers fans to sing some Muslim song, have a strip that has long trousers and a shirt which goes down to your knees and associate the club with Islam.

I don't know what you mean about Ulster Bears thinking they were on the wrong site - is it because they expect to be treated as extra special? I don't get it.

I didn't call you a liar but you as much as lied when you wrote, "You've as much as called anyone who wants an Orange strip bigots for wanting to be associated with the OO".

You can have a problem with whatever you like. Or you could chill instead.