Slightly concerned about feedback from Green's NI trip

Just saw the details from Charles Green's trip to NI and there are a few questions that I find slightly concerning. For example...

Q3: Would Rangers consider bringing out an Orange Top ?

C.G: "Yes, they have a number of designs and are coming near agreement with Adidas"

As much as I understand Rangers derive many fans from NI and most of them are from a Protestant persuasion, I feel that an orange strip would be a direct reference to the Orange Order. I also feel it panders to a certain section of our fans and in turn alienates others and I would find that very dissapointing. What has orange got to do with Rangers FOOTBALL club? Why not stick to our footballing roots and have a white strip with blue star or a black and red strip? I know Charles Green is here to make cash from Rangers but I for one would be very dissapointed if he went down this road

Q5: Would Rangers Consider flying the 4 Home Nations Flags alongside the Flags already above Ibrox ?

C.G "I dont see why Not as the contribution and dedication of Rangers Fans throughout the U.K and the world is second to none and should be recognised"

Once again, as much as I realise that we draw fans from all over the UK and indeed the world, we are ultimately a Scottish club. We have won Scottish titles and cups. We have respresented Scotland in European competitions. We have always been based in Glasgow, Scotlands biggest city. WTF does the flags of NI, England and Wales have to do with Rangers?

Maybe what I'm getting at is that these guys who profess to love Rangers had a chance to ask CG questions and they choose to ask stuff about Orange strips and getting the flags of the Union flying over Glasgow. FFS is that really important?

Ok tin hat time...I am sorry but Rangers are MY FOOTBALL team. I was brought up in Govan and they will always be my team forever but I genuinely wish these guys would stick to supporting Linfield or a team in NI if they want to use their football as a vehicle for their religious/political beliefs. Or if you want to support Rangers, please just do that.

I have to say that I will seriosuly consider going back to Ibrox if they bring out another orange strip.

Maybe what I'm getting at is that these guys who profess to love Rangers had a chance to ask CG questions and they choose to ask stuff about Orange strips and getting the flags of the Union flying over Glasgow. FFS is that really important?

Well apparently it's important enough to you...

I have to say that I will seriosuly consider going back to Ibrox if they bring out another orange strip.

I really don't see the reason to be so offended by a colour, especially if choosing that colour for a 2nd or 3rd kit makes good business sense.

As an arty farty sort at heart, I have to say that I absolutely love the colour orange and I also think that from a design perspective orange and blue as a colour combination is fantastic, so for these reasons alone I'd love to see an orange and blue kit. Orange top with blue shorts and blue socks with orange tops! Done!

Well apparently it's important enough to you...

I really don't see the reason to be so offended by a colour, especially if choosing that colour for a 2nd or 3rd kit makes good business sense.

Is it that important in that grand scheme of things? Yes... we've been demoted to Division 3 but let's start a campaign to have to Welsh flag flying over Ibrox....

On the colour front...I'm not offended by A colour. I'm offended by the context in which this particular colour would be chosen. 2 different things mate

Edited by Max Rebo's Big Blue Nose

As an arty farty sort at heart, I have to say that I absolutely love the colour orange and I also think that from a design perspective orange and blue as a colour combination is fantastic, so for these reasons alone I'd love to see an orange and blue kit. Orange top with blue shorts and blue socks with orange tops! Done!

Fair doos. I love the Holland strip and it looks great but that's their strip. Orange has nowt to do with Rangers and there is too much baggage attached to it for me.

I asked about orange strips and why there's an obvious feeling in NI that we need to get some. This thread pretty much clarified. With this info I would think orange jerseys could really bewilder groups of fans and this is just totally unnessecary. Why would a club want to take a chance on insiuting a number of it's own fans in order to fullfill the special needs of others? To own some money? Please don't then.