Slightly concerned about feedback from Green's NI trip

If Celtic can put a foreign flag on their strip without question we shouldn't worry about any strip colour.

What other business would have a potential money spinner and not use it? If it makes money who cares, and given the corruption we've been subjected to we shouldn't give two hoots what anyone else in Scottish football thinks.

Always goes like this, if you don't especially care for the OO and it being linked to Rangers you are scared of offending other people.

I don't care about anyone else. I don't like to see Rangers linked to the OO because I don't care for the latter. Fuck all to do with pandering to others.

Maybe what I'm getting at is that these guys who profess to love Rangers had a chance to ask CG questions and they choose to ask stuff about Orange strips and getting the flags of the Union flying over Glasgow. FFS is that really important?

Profess? You are questioning other fans support for the team? Who are you to do that? Are you some sort of uber-fan?

Ok tin hat time...I am sorry but Rangers are MY FOOTBALL team. I was brought up in Govan and they will always be my team forever but I genuinely wish these guys would stick to supporting Linfield or a team in NI if they want to use their football as a vehicle for their religious/political beliefs. Or if you want to support Rangers' date=' please just do that. [/quote']

So you can't support Rangers if you're from Northern Ierland? What relevance is where you were born as to whether you can support Rangers? Are you so arrogant that you feel you can dictate how people support our club?

I have to say that I will seriosuly consider going back to Ibrox if they bring out another orange strip.

So are Rangers your football team or not? It seems that it doesn't take much for you to throw your toys out of the pram if the colour of a strip is making you threaten to stop going (I assume that's what you mean). We have had a couple of orange strips before. Why didn't you stop then?

It's sad that people can't disassociate a colour from a religious organisation. I've been known to wear green on occasion. Even orange sometimes. Neither meant anything. I don't feel the need to allow myself to be dictated to as to what particular colours mean.

Spiers and keevins would be so proud that their propoganda is having such an effect.

Ok tin hat time...I am sorry but Rangers are MY FOOTBALL team. I was brought up in Govan and they will always be my team forever but I genuinely wish these guys would stick to supporting Linfield or a team in NI if they want to use their football as a vehicle for their religious/political beliefs. Or if you want to support Rangers, please just do that.

I have to say that I will seriosuly consider going back to Ibrox if they bring out another orange strip.

Come on, read that again.

Always goes like this, if you don't especially care for the OO and it being linked to Rangers you are scared of offending other people.

I don't care about anyone else. I don't like to see Rangers linked to the OO because I don't care for the latter. Fuck all to do with pandering to others.

At the end of the day though, a lot of Rangers fans would like another orange strip. I would go so far as to estimate that well over 50% of fans would like an orange strip if they were canvassed about it. The interesting thing is as well, that out of all the fans who would say yes they want an orange strip, you might find that half of them don't give a fuck about the OO. How many fans do think there are out there like me who just like the bloody colour and couldn't give a flying f*ck what other people want to associate the colour with?

You'd think the discussion was about the club doing a Cardiff on us and ending over a hundred years of history wearing blue home shirts. If the club get Adidas to make an orange shirt for us it'll just be an away shirt or maybe 3rd kit, so what's the big deal FFS?

Edited by Zappa

Profess? You are questioning other fans support for the team? Who are you to do that? Are you some sort of uber-fan?

Of course not. All I was getting at is that if you are a Gers fan, surely the team, the players, our plans for the future etc. etc. are slightly more important than the need for an orange strip and the Welsh flag above Ibrox. I just don't get that

So you can't support Rangers if you're from Northern Ierland? What relevance is where you were born as to whether you can support Rangers? Are you so arrogant that you feel you can dictate how people support our club?

Where did I say that? What I did say is that if you want to use Rangers to advance your own political/religious ideals, please don't. As this was a Q and A based in NI, I used Linfield or any other NI club as an example if you want to do this

So are Rangers your football team or not? It seems that it doesn't take much for you to throw your toys out of the pram if the colour of a strip is making you threaten to stop going (I assume that's what you mean). We have had a couple of orange strips before. Why didn't you stop then?

Yes. To me Rangers are a football team not an extension of anything else. And for the record I was pretty peeved when we had that Orange strip under the guise of "Dutch" tribute. I still went to games but if we make the same mistake again for the sake of a quick buck, I won't be back

Edited by Max Rebo's Big Blue Nose

At the end of the day though, a lot of Rangers fans would like another orange strip. I would go so far as to estimate that well over 50% of fans would like an orange strip if they were canvassed about it. The interesting thing is as well, that out of all the fans who would say yes they want an orange strip, you might find that half of them don't give a fuck about the OO. How many fans do think there are out there like me who just like the bloody colour and couldn't give a flying f*ck what other people want to associate the colour with?

You'd think the discussion was about the club doing a Cardiff on us and ending over a hundred years of history wearing blue home shirts. If the club get Adidas to make an orange shirt for us it'll just be an away shirt or maybe 3rd kit, so what's the big deal FFS?

I think it is a big deal Zappa. IMO we have a chance to move on from what I regard as unwanted baggage that has been attached to our club. Bringing out an orange strip is utterly depressing and is taking us back, not forward

The colour of a strip will make you stop going to support your team?

With all due respect that is absolutely pathetic, and i'd rather not have a fan like you if that's something which drives you away at a time where the club need the fans more than ever.

Not the colour. The context of the colour. 2 completely different things