Administrators think we (may) owe HMRC some 94m ... or 21m

Either Lord Hodge or the appointed liquidators could send everything back to the beginning, Lord Hodge if he feels that the administrators have been yanking his chain over conflicts, and the forensic liquidators if they decide that the administration has been less than transparent and realised less than achievable assets values.

Yes indeed.

Either Lord Hodge or the appointed liquidators could send everything back to the beginning, Lord Hodge if he feels that the administrators have been yanking his chain over conflicts, and the forensic liquidators if they decide that the administration has been less than transparent and realised less than achievable assets values.

On the other hand how would that benefit anyone regardless?

The assets are up and running with their only real use of making up a football club, employing a load of workers and paying tax (unless Green somehow is Whyte in disguise). Sending everything back to the start would surely just leave the assets pretty worthless after being pulled bang in the middle of a new football season, put a load of people out of a job and cost the tax payer even more money.

The assets are up and running with their only real use of making up a football club, employing a load of workers and paying tax (unless Green somehow is Whyte in disguise). Sending everything back to the start would surely just leave the assets pretty worthless after being pulled bang in the middle of a new football season, put a load of people out of a job and cost the tax payer even more money.

Are you suggesting that if Lord Hodge finds anything nefarious he should just ignore the law?

Unfortunately the law is paramount, as we may well find out.

Are you suggesting that if Lord Hodge finds anything nefarious he should just ignore the law?

The question rather is: how would this actually work out? Strip Green & Co. of Rangers FC? Rewinding it all and put club and whichever-co's in administration again?

Doesn't exactly sound like a set law though does it, more depending on interpretation. I mean there's a big difference between what Ibrox and Murray Park could be valued at and what someone realistically is going to pay for them. The property angle has pretty much been written off by any experts i've heard talking about it, so unless that somehow would happen what would actually be gained for anyone? And like I say they'd be putting a whole load of hard working folk out of a job.

The question rather is: how would this actually work out? Strip Green & Co. of Rangers FC? Rewinding it all and put club and whichever-co's in administration again?

How it would work is irrelevant what is relevant is what Lord Hodge decides.

Doesn't exactly sound like a set law though does it, more depending on interpretation. I mean there's a big difference between what Ibrox and Murray Park could be valued at and what someone realistically is going to pay for them. The property angle has pretty much been written off by any experts i've heard talking about it, so unless that somehow would happen what would actually be gained for anyone? And like I say they'd be putting a whole load of hard working folk out of a job.

Sorry but I had to laugh at the bit in bold.

Lord Hodge will be guided by law, he will not sign off the administration if he is not satisfied it is not lawful. I have absolutely no idea which way his judgement will fall but to ignore the potential of him not being satisfied is foolish.

If Lord Hodge doesn't sign of because he believes and the evidence supports a view that the administrators have been less than honest with his Lordship, all bets would be off and the wrath of his Lordship would go in one direction, along with sanctions as he would see fit. Time will tell.

If Lord Hodge doesn't sign of because he believes and the evidence supports a view that the administrators have been less than honest with his Lordship, all bets would be off and the wrath of his Lordship would go in one direction, along with sanctions as he would see fit. Time will tell.

But that would be nothing to do with the newco, would it, unless Green was found to have been involved in something fraudulent in respect of the administration? If the sale of assets was done in good faith then there's not much that can be done to the club, would there (although I'm no expert)?