'Unified Supporters Platform'

Can't see what the issue is with CRO putting their name to the statement. I don't really think that size matters. Are Gersnet not allowed an opinion just because, say, FF are 100 times bigger? They aren't trying to make out that they are something that they are not. They, along with the TRS are obviously looked upon in some quarters as being influential.

If some people disagree with the message then that is their entitlement. It's going to be an emotive subject. However don't fall into the trap and play the man instead of the ball.

Just, in light of more blind keyboard bashing by people who can't read very clear statements I've written over the past few hours, thank you.

Perhaps whoever is asking for signatories is at fault, they obviously think 'the more the merrier'. They should be advised some signatures make statements a laughing stock.

Possibly. It's certainly a bit haphazard at the moment, although I don't think that any of them make it a laughing stock. I have respect for all the signatories, although I'm not sure that the RFFF should be getting involved in it.

But then perhaps those who write blogs, run forums, should realise they don't have as much influence as they like to think.

In general, you are correct. It's a small percentage of our support that read the forums. However, there are a number of great things that have spawned from the forums, such as the card displays and the banners. They can also be used to get messages accross like getting rid of stuff like the Red Hand Salute. You are never going to have total success but it has worked to a great extent.

It woudl be wonderful if something like the TRS was a lot more influential. Our support in general is certainly nowhere near as influential as it should be.

It woudl be wonderful if something like the TRS was a lot more influential. Our support in general is certainly nowhere near as influential as it should be.

Maybe Chris could squeeze in a couple more TV appearances :thinking:

;)

Seems a bit strange that two website (Rangers Media & CoplandRoad.org) had their names on the statement yet RM requested to be removed and CRO appear to not even have read it before it came out. Add to this RTID tweeting about wishing to be removed as they hadnt be consulted and its a very strange affair.

How many people did see the USP statement before it was released with all these groups names on it?

Seems a bit strange that two website (Rangers Media & CoplandRoad.org) had their names on the statement yet RM requested to be removed and CRO appear to not even have read it before it came out. Add to this RTID tweeting about wishing to be removed as they hadnt be consulted and its a very strange affair.

How many people did see the USP statement before it was released with all these groups names on it?

My understanding (and I may need correcting) is that there has been 2 statements issued by the USP. The first one was where they basically said that they weren't going to allow the RST to join and if the RST wanted to talk then they had to contact RU's executive assistant. That was the one that RM and RTID NI said that they didn't want their names put to. The parties did see the statement before it was issued and feedback was given prior to the given deadline but it was issued with their names on it anyway.

The second statement was in respect of the boycott and I'm not aware of anyone withdrawing their names from it. I think that they may not have all fully cleared it (or even seen it) before issue but they don't have a problem with the general gist of it.

Peddle your warped sense of reasoning somewhere else. And then fuck off.

Probably getting banned or something, but you're a complete cunt when you really put your mind to it. Here's one: our name was put on the releases without my being consulted. How's that? But fuck if you could read any sort of logic, or ask the people that organized and then invited a couple of our writers to the meeting.

Sell crazy someplace else, Franky.

And you endorsed a statement looking for UNITY amongst fans ? The above look as far from acting for unity as you could possibly get.

I understand you have had issues in your personal life that would have you typing emotionally and I also understand that you are looking to defend yourself and CRO (which looks great by the way)... but there is a way in which to do it.

Any organisation that is endoring unity statements should be ensuring that they do their best to foster that. Your post above would do the complete opposite.

You wont get banned, but I will request that you at least refrain from personal insults.

If needed, take a step away from the keyboard and calm down before hitting the post button.

Edited by craig

Perhaps whoever is asking for signatories is at fault, they obviously think 'the more the merrier'. They should be advised some signatures make statements a laughing stock.

But then perhaps those who write blogs, run forums, should realise they don't have as much influence as they like to think.

I would agree with this.

I dont have any issue with CRO, TRS etc signing the statement. My issue is that these groups look like they are being used to simply "add numbers" to the list of organisations approving the statement.

Hypothetical example, a list which contains just Rangers Unite and UB as looking for a boycott doesnt look like there is much support for said boycott. However, a list which has RU, UB, CRO, TRS all of a sudden looks like it has gained popular support amongst the fans. It may be that the inclusion of CRO, TRS etc is because RU think they carry influence with the support, and that could be right. But to me it looks more like simply adding "groups" for the sake of it.

That said, if the likes of CRO and TRS are getting hundreds or thousands of visitors to their site each day then it may get out to the greater populous of the support.

To me, it doesnt really matter how many members each group has - although I CAN see both sides to the story. Some of these groups have more influence than others.

Me ? I would make up my own mind - I am an admin here and even if we had been asked to endorse it I would still have my own opinion (separate from the official form opinion) and make my own mind up. We ALL have the opportunity to make our own decisions on these things, regardless of being part of some group.

Some will follow what their group has said, others will make personal choices. As should always be the case

And you endorsed a statement looking for UNITY amongst fans ? The above look as far from acting for unity as you could possibly get.

I understand you have had issues in your personal life that would have you typing emotionally and I also understand that you are looking to defend yourself and CRO (which looks great by the way)... but there is a way in which to do it.

Any organisation that is endoring unity statements should be ensuring that they do their best to foster that. Your post above would do the complete opposite.

You wont get banned, but I will request that you at least refrain from personal insults.

If needed, take a step away from the keyboard and calm down before hitting the post button.

The irony of getting slated across multiple platforms by a man who pens himself under the tag "Rangers Unified" for 2500 is not lost on me.

As I said, multiple times, I was not able to read either statement prior to their being released. And if Franky has an issue with our being there he should take it up with the people running the show, or at least the ones that have more members, because that is now how we rank or classify the ability of a group to function or provide input on things related to the club. If anyone was reading between the lines, or the very clear statements I made that said I didn't know what the fuck was going on because our role as explained is decidedly different from its utility, then you'd probably figure out who you want to talk to.

Personal insults? The fucker mocked my little team, singled us out of the entire group, accused me of 'chasing hits' or maneuvering my way into the club somehow. That's insulting. He could find a fight in an empty closet. Maybe he's just upset that the USP lifted "Unified" and didn't pay him a royalty.

I dont think he mocked your little team at all. It IS a little team and he simply disagreed that a team so small should be seen as influential, or something to that effect.

He did accuse you of chasing hits, which was unfair.

Not convinced he suggested you were maneuvering your way into the club either. I thought his statement in this regard was more of a generalised comment rather than specifically being about CRO.

Maybe he could find a fight in an empty closet, but with people such as yourself so eager to bite he is always going to get that wish.

To retort an insult with another insult only brings you down to that same level.

I dont think he mocked your little team at all. It IS a little team and he simply disagreed that a team so small should be seen as influential, or something to that effect.

He did accuse you of chasing hits, which was unfair.

Not convinced he suggested you were maneuvering your way into the club either. I thought his statement in this regard was more of a generalised comment rather than specifically being about CRO.

Maybe he could find a fight in an empty closet, but with people such as yourself so eager to bite he is always going to get that wish.

To retort an insult with another insult only brings you down to that same level.

May be on to something with the last point. As to the maneuvering:

@RangersUnified

@ofvoid thanks. We have enough who's in play without no marks trying to edge in mate

There's a few more here and there. He was quite clear about what he was trying to say.

If we're still at a point where no one can tell that I'm not pleased with how information related to these meetings has been disseminated to me, or that our name is signed (spelled incorrectly) to one statement I never saw and another that I had 20 minutes to review, which resulted in me firing off an email detailing or past position on this stuff, then I'm a pretty shite communicator. :grin: