Auxerre chat

Didnt see the game but annoyed i never back a draw.

However its the result that see's us through so now we can put european football to the back of our minds and leave it until February, and now concentrate on the SPL.

Fair play to the lads for coming back twice on what seems a soaking pitch. But after reading everyones posts this central defender issue is just going to grow.

Also sounds like Sionko played well when he came on?? Can someone confirm?? He is a MUST to start on the right on Sunday!!

First off i'd like to say it's a fantastic result. Ok, Auxerre aren't the team they may have been a couple of seasons ago but they still have quality international players who for the most part were played off the park by Rangers.

Barry Ferguson was my undoubted Man of the Match, ran the midfield and was spraying quality balls all over the place. Was gutted when Steven Smith had to go off. His overlapping runs on the left were one of the features of Rangers attack and when he went off Prso suffered as he had no one coming up outside him. The midfield three of Ferguson, Clement and Adams played well, all showing good composure on the ball with Ferguson and Adams showing a willingness to get forward. However for all their passes and triangles i thought they lacked a cutting edge. Ferguson supplied a couple of through balls but for the majority of the game Boyd was denied good service and was up against two central defenders.

Yet again though the achilles heel was the central defence. Paul Le Guen MUST settle on his first choice 2 and stick with them so allowing them to develop an understanding. Is also something that needs to be seriously worked on at Murray Park. Ok, we may lose a few more goals but hopefully over the following weeks an understanding would develop and the defence would become assured. Time we got Alan Hansen upto Murray Park, he'd rip us to shreds on Match of the Day. It's supposedly said about Brazil that they don't care how many goals they concede, they'll score more. Our trouble is is that we are not Brazil.

Malky

We need to sign a centre half asap. The current centre halves just aren't good enough and we were shambolic at the back yet again last night. No wonder Fergie isn't happy about it as the midfield bust a gut last night.

Correct, we've just had a great result in europe,but it was hard vewing again and i'm afraid the result doesn't make me feel any better about our team,it's hard work being a Rangers fan just now, and has been for a while,we've got absolutely nothing to be excited about and i'm wondering where we are going,in fact it's a scandal the way Rangers are performing :sigh:

I was watching the Game. Good Game but "The Gers Fans" Were Singing the Billy Boys Song and We Are Rangers. Why can't learn there lesson about the Billy Boys Song. The People who watched it on Tv and Didn't here the Billy Boys Song then they must Be "Deaf"

i must admit, i didnt hear it.

am I the only jumpty that missed half the game cause of the BBC? I wasnt sure if it was on council telly or sky so checked a paper in the morning. Quick scan told me bbc1 at 7.30. Got home, pottered about, watched Hollyoaks and Emmerdale, turned over to watch what I though was kick off only to realise had missed half the bloody game!!!

am I the only jumpty that missed half the game cause of the BBC? I wasnt sure if it was on council telly or sky so checked a paper in the morning. Quick scan told me bbc1 at 7.30. Got home, pottered about, watched Hollyoaks and Emmerdale, turned over to watch what I though was kick off only to realise had missed half the bloody game!!!

I saw the game but it was only because i was told earlier in the day that it was a 6:30KO starting on BBC2.

If anyone told me before the european comp started that we'd have 7 points with a game in hand id have snatched that.

Last nights performance was by no means perfect, good saves by Mcgregor and the ball falling right at Boyd's feet so he couldnt miss (well, shouldnt) kept us in it and i thought Barry played out of his skin last night.

A draw away from home is a good result and we're still in Europe after Christmas two years running so im a happy bear.

We need a defense though. The only people in the back that i have any confidence in at the moment is the LB and the GK.

Thought we were totally in control of the game until they scored, then we got back in it when we equalised and then when they went 2-1 up they seemed to really step up a gear they were a different team as to how they were in the first half. Luckily Boyd equalised and we looked good for a 3rd!

Mcgregor, Ferguson - great game

Clement, Prso - Good game

Hendami and Rodriguez - nightmare guys man

Hope wee Stevie Smith aint too badlt injured.

Great result - sooo pleased and happy.

Football is magic when it's like this!

Cheers