Are we ready for the re naming of Ibrox?

Guest cail

It is about forward, money from this could be crucial in getting Rangers back to the top.

I don't think you even believe that yourself.

Enough, other things to do, let's hope we get a good performance, and 3 points.

Speak later.

It is about forward, money from this could be crucial in getting Rangers back to the top.

Agree STB, the wage bill may be 6mill just now, but if you want back to the top and Euro football that bill will rise. We don't have the mega bucks TV deals of the huge clubs so we have to get money in from any avenue.

If someone had offered us £100m his name would probably been Whyte, or someone of that ilk.

I could give you a spiel about, what is it about the modern world putting a monetary value on everything, but I don't have the time.

I will just say, doing this will perpetuate the perception of Rangers will do anything for money, from tax fiddling to selling their history [how it might look to a neutral].

So no I will never change my mind, and will think less of the Supporters who agree with it.

Doesn't have to be that way. For example, if the sum raised was big enough, we could settle the outstanding debts of the Oldco's small creditors as a gesture of goodwill to the local firms who we let down in the past.

The key for me is that a) any sum would have to be really significant and b) we should not spend a one-off source of income on day-to-day expenses. I'd only support renaming Ibrox if the proceeds were invested rather than consumed. So, things like the redevelopment of the surrounding area to generate a better environment and future on-going income for the club, stadium upgrades, or some form of long-term investment in the brand overseas.

If you think less of me because of this, then so be it. I happen to share your views about monetising everything, just not in this case, under these circumstances.

money like this is no use to us during a transfer embargo. i dont believe you believe that money will sit in our account until we can spend it again.

money like this is no use to us during a transfer embargo. i dont believe you believe that money will sit in our account until we can spend it again.

I do, or it'll go towards running the club which then frees up money for the future.

The transfer embargo only lasts till the start of next September.

Again, I cannot believe CG is considering this and what bewilderes me even more is how uncritical bluenoses seem to be about this. CG's inventiveness obviously has no limits which is great, but we need to show him the thin red line where there is no money to be made. And that to me certainly is the name of our stadium.

Again, I cannot believe CG is considering this and what bewilderes me even more is how uncritical bluenoses seem to be about this. CG's inventiveness obviously has no limits which is great, but we need to show him the thin red line where there is no money to be made. And that to me certainly is the name of our stadium.

Couple of years ago I would be right behind you Dude, but the cold hard facts are we have to increase revenue by any means and this is one of them. If the sum raised can be used to run Ibrox and the surrounding area as Crawford says then it frees up money to actually improve the team, and that's what's most important.

I agree GA, investing money into infrastructure of the club and the team itself is crucial. I just don't believe there is no other way to earn that money, renaming your stadium is the last straw to so when everything else has failed in my book. Desperate times call for desperate measures I understand, but won't moving up through the leagues generate additional income, do we really need this extra bit?