Interview with Ally from STV

Guest Bluenose80

Guest Bluenose80

Ally McCoist concedes he is at a loss to determine why his Rangers side are struggling to adapt to life on the road in the Third Division.

After three draws on their travels, the Ibrox club slumped to a 1-0 away defeat at bottom club Stirling Albion, a result which allowed Peterhead to leapfrog them into second.

Rangers have a 100% record at home in the league this season, making light work of their opponents, but have now failed to win away at Stirling, Peterhead, Annan and Berwick.

â??Iâ??m at a loss to explain it,â? said McCoist. â??If the problem was clearly evident to us then I would eradicate it.

â??I donâ??t think you need to be a top football coach to see that we are not the same team away as we are at home.

â??Having said that, itâ??s a problem that we will deal with. We have to.

â??Never for a minute did we think it would be a walk in the park coming to these places.

â??You have to earn the respect and the right to win these games and in the away games we havenâ??t been doing that.

â??But we will do it. Iâ??ll make sure of it.â?

McCoistâ??s position again immediately came under scrutiny following the result but, asked if he felt under any further pressure, he replied: â??Not any more than I would after any game.

â??I just feel frustrated. That's my over-riding feeling - frustration at not getting away victories in the division.

â??Nobody needs to remind me of what's required from any football manager and that's results.

â??Today we lost a league game that we are really sore about but we will bounce back.

â??Time will tell if we are good enough to get out of the division. I would stand here and tell you we are and we will be.

â??That's my belief and nothing has changed. But saying it is one thing, we will have to prove we can do it.â?

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs...g-on-the-road/

Maybe he should start using the half pitches at Murray park as with the away games we really have to adapt to playing on these tight compact wee pitches and we have really struggled away from home as we don't seem capable of changing our game play from long ball to short passing game and break teams down! Don't take anything away from Stirling Albion, they played their game plan and really frustrated us and got their goal from poor defending but really that game should have finished 1-5 to rangers based on chances created but hey it's finished now and we move on to the next game :)

we should have brought in half a dozen good first division players to get us up the leagues .

Can just imagine the reaction of fans if that is exactly what we had done.

What we should have done is not bothered with the foreign mercenaries and just got Brits who know how to play lower division British football. Clichéd. But for a reason. Cos its fucking true!

Maybe he should start using the half pitches at Murray park as with the away games we really have to adapt to playing on these tight compact wee pitches and we have really struggled away from home as we don't seem capable of changing our game play from long ball to short passing game and break teams down! Don't take anything away from Stirling Albion, they played their game plan and really frustrated us and got their goal from poor defending but really that game should have finished 1-5 to rangers based on chances created but hey it's finished now and we move on to the next game :)

You are joking with regards the "tight" pitch theory? Stirling Albions pitch is a yard shorter in width than Ibrox. This is up there with the "huge" pitch at the Camp Nou myth, which is basically the same size as most top flight pitches