Yip definetely at least ask him. He wont ever get the England job now and cant see him getting a top job in the Premier League for a while. He'd only go to a team with money. Liverpool are the only possibility if Rodgers doesnt work out.

He'll probably go to QPR, save them from relegation and become a hero.

He'll probably go to QPR, save them from relegation and become a hero.

.......and in 2-3 years they will be the new Portsmouth once he jumps ship to Liverpool or Newcastle (who sack Pardew from his 8 year deal for 4 defeats).

TARTAN ARMY spokesman Hamish Husband insists there is a groundswell among the Scotland fans for Gordon Strachan to be the next national manager.

Craig Levein is battling to save his job following a disastrous start to the World Cup qualification campaign.

With just two points from the opening three games, Levein has been left on the brink and Association of Tartan Army Clubs representative Husband reckons ex-Celtic boss Strachan, right, would be the fans’ choice for the successor.

Husband said: “Talk of Craig Levein’s future must wait until Wednesday. We all want Scotland to win but I fear for him on Wednesday and the fans feel it’s time for a change. Number one on the message boards is Gordon Strachan, he would make it interesting.

“I would hope they would have a bit of money to get somebody of stature.

“What you want is someone who the players will listen to. What an international manager needs is imagination.”

Husband believes Levein lost the majority of the Tartan Army when he deployed a 4-6-0 formation against the Czech Republic during the Euro 2012 qualification campaign.

Levein insists Scotland are progressing under his stewardship, but Husband disagrees with that view.

And he fears it could be a long night for Scotland in Brussels against Belgium’s star-studded line-up.

Husband said: “Where Levein is culpable is we’re mystified by his tactics, often his team selection.

“And he will never recover from that debacle in Prague.

“I think the Scotland fans are facing desperation. I can’t remember the last time I travelled to a game in such trepidation, absolute despair.

“It is always important to give a manager two campaigns.

“We’re not even halfway through the second campaign and he has claimed to see improved performances, optimism. We just don’t see it.

“I just don’t see any signs of optimism. I despair going

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/352361

CRAIG LEVEIN insists the SFA can’t keep sacking Scotland managers.

The under-pressure national coach faces the boot if his side crash to Belgium here in Brussels tonight.

Scotland have taken just two points from their first three World Cup qualifiers.

And defeat tonight would kill the Tartan Army’s dream of going to Brazil 2014.

But desperate Levein insists axing him is not the answer.

He said: “We have not qualified since 1998, that’s a fact.

“You can chop and change managers as many times as you want and say ‘That manager didn’t work and that manager didn’t work and that one didn’t work.’ What happens then is you go out and look for another manager who is the Messiah and he is going to make everything work.

“But I keep saying that the teams at the top of the tree are the ones that have actually put a system in place to produce players.

“I want to be the Scottish team manager. I am hugely proud to be the manager and nobody is working harder or putting more things in place within the SFA to try and be successful. I understand that I get judged on results. That is the way the world works. Before the campaign started I said I would be judged on results. I know that.

“But if we don’t get the system right we’ll still be talking about this in four or six or eight years’ time.”

Asked if he still believed he was the man to take Scotland forward, Levein added: “Yes I do. I believe in what I am doing.

“Whatever happens will happen. It is outwith my control. But I know how much work has gone into the point we are at just now.

“And I just feel we are a small fraction away from the one result which turns everything. If all the performances had been poor, if we’d been losing goals and not creating chances then I’d put my hands up.”

Levein — who has only won three out 11 qualifiers as boss — insists he is NOT worried about his future.

He added: “Those decisions are not mine.

“What I need more than anything else — to convince other people — is to get some results.

“When you don’t get a result it’s a black and white situation. We’ve played games where we’ve not played particularly well but won and everyone says everything is brilliant.Then we lose games having played well and everyone says it’s poor. The truth is somewhere in between.

“The performance against Wales was good enough for me to say that when we get these guys on the pitch they’re capable of winning away from home in a qualifier.

“The fact we didn’t win doesn’t mean I throw everything out.

“A lot of people look at it and say ‘it was a loss,’ and I can’t argue with that. But in my mind I see another step in the right direction.”

CRAIG LEVEIN insists the SFA can’t keep sacking Scotland managers

More like the SFA cant keep picking duds!

Broon had the benefit of a good era of players.

Vogts was a disaster but partly down to him not understanding how bad the Scottish level was compared to the German game.

Walter knew what was required and was excellent by getting the best out of players. We'd have qualifed for Euro 08 or WC 2010 had he stayed on.

McLeish benefited from what Walter left over. Do give him credit for beating France though but you could see a slight decline in play.

Burley was an alky.

Levein was a get out of jail no risk appointment for the SFA, he couldnt be any worse than Burley at organising. Considering there is plenty other good potential appointments he was a joke, and Im not talking about Ferguson or Moyes.

Walter should return but they will give it to Strachan or Dalglish. Strachan wasnt the best at Coventry or Southampton, he did ok with them but nothing spectacular. George Graham would still be fine for international management with Joe Jordan as his No.2.

Id still look at Redknapp, he should be next to Walter on the list.