With respect that hardly addresses the point, no one is arguing they are breaking the law. Do you think any political chanting is acceptable at Ibrox and would you defend it?

Quite, and if there were no other meaningful ways of countering it, of expressing opposition to it then I'd understand. But frankly sining about it at the football is just posturing.

I defend their right to do it, end of the day it takes a good number of people to start a proper chant. If someone tried to start a BNP song as you mentioned they'd be well shot down by those surrounding them and it would get no-where. I generally wouldn't agree with political chanting, I don't even enjoy talking about politics, but I do feel the issue of independence and SNP is such a huge one that I can't blame people for trying to use such an arena to get the point across.

As above, I suppose it's seen as one of many ways, hopefully they will consider joining in campaigns etc. I don't personally join in the chants myself, but I can understand them.

I defend their right to do it, end of the day it takes a good number of people to start a proper chant. If someone tried to start a BNP song as you mentioned they'd be well shot down by those surrounding them and it would get no-where. I generally wouldn't agree with political chanting, I don't even enjoy talking about politics, but I do feel the issue of independence and SNP is such a huge one that I can't blame people for trying to use such an arena to get the point across.

As above, I suppose it's seen as one of many ways, hopefully they will consider joining in campaigns etc. I don't personally join in the chants myself, but I can understand them.

Can't you see the irony in what you are saying though? You aren't normally comfortable with political stuff but because you support this particular political viewpoint you're happy with it. But if it was a viewpoint you disagreed with you'd hope it was shouted down. So what's the difference between shouting something down at the game and shouting it down online?

Can't you see the irony in what you are saying though? You aren't normally comfortable with political stuff but because you support this particular political viewpoint you're happy with it. But if it was a viewpoint you disagreed with you'd hope it was shouted down. So what's the difference between shouting something down at the game and shouting it down online?

I see this stuff with the SNP as something of a one of issue, I vote like everyone else but I wouldn't be comortable with pro-Labour, Tory, Lib Dem etc chants even if they happened to be singing about whoever I voted for.

People can shout it down online as well, I think the only reason this thread got heated was due to the insulting tone it started off with.