So should we bin any song that someone in the crowd doesn't like? So if someone doesn't like a particular song then it should not be sung? There's some Rangers related songs that I don't like. Should they be stopped as well?

Why does everyone have to agree on everything?

It seems that your attitude has divided the support as much as the songs that are being sung. Why would you willingly do that? :tongue:

You are always going to get stuff that people don't like. Why not live with it, instead of being offended?

Rangers songs will unite the support, we all know that. You might not like some 'Gers songs, but that's a completely different kettle of fish, at least we know the relevance of singing Rangers songs at a Rangers match. Every reason given, thus far, for singing political/religious/paramilitary songs just doesn't make sense to me and 50% of Gersnet (give or take)

Rangers songs will unite the support, we all know that. You might not like some 'Gers songs, but that's a completely different kettle of fish, at least we know the relevance of singing Rangers songs at a Rangers match. Every reason given, thus far, for singing political/religious/paramilitary songs just doesn't make sense to me and 50% of Gersnet (give or take)

I'd argue that Gersnet is far from being representative of the attendance at Ibrox. Looking at the guys who went on my supporters bus, 100% would be of the same opinion as me. I've served on various supporters committees over the years and I'm not aware of anyone who think the same way as you, and that includes an SNP supporter. Likewise any friends or acquaintances.

It's impossible for any of us to guage the accurate feeling in our suport but based on my own experience as above and going to games, home and away, domestic and Europe, I'd suggest that under 20% feel the way that you do.

So your opinion is that BF1 are actively trying to do the club harm?

Not deliberately. I think there's SOME folk in BF1 who just do what others do because they're easily led and want to be accepted into a group. They've got no real opinion on it but want to be cool. They don't know why they're doing it and what the reason behind spin it is.

But there's people like that everywhere!

I think anyway.

Not deliberately. I think there's SOME folk in BF1 who just do what others do because they're easily led and want to be accepted into a group. They've got no real opinion on it but want to be cool. They don't know why they're doing it and what the reason behind spin it is.

I think anyway.

Fair enough, I don't think they do the club harm in any way, and Ibrox would be a morgue without them.

The only people I think BF1 upset are the ones looking to moan about anything or the mock offended.

I think anyway.

IMO this is another reason for keeping football and politics separate. When you support a football club it's through thick and thin - it doesn't require rational thought. But supporting a political view isn't the same - you should seriously think about why you believe it's correct. You should try to understand the changing arguments, not just shout along because you get caught up in the song, or because it's traditional.

I'm sure plenty of the folk in BF1 could give you a good explanation of why nationalism isn't a great idea, but there will some (mostly the younger lads) who would struggle to back up their songs with a reasoned argument. It's a dangerous way to spread a political message - the flip-side of the pro-nationalists that form a good chunk of the tartan army.

And that's a quality? Religious hatred? Really? Anyone who thinks the OF derbyis the biggest on the world is kidding themselves on.

I never said that did I? They are one of the biggest just ask most fans who have been to one or players who have played in these and others they rate them highly. The atmosphere is driven by 90 minutes of hatred, I have never heard a louder noise at other big derby games I've been to.

How many times do I need to make this simple and concise point? ALL Rangers fans LOVE RANGERS songs. Not all Rangers fans find the religious chants/paramilitary songs/political songs an accetpable form of supporting the team. Such songs alienate parts of our support and divide the fans. WHY WOULD ANYONE WILLINGLY WANT TO DIVIDE THE SUPPORT?

Most if not all fans I know feel the same way I do' date=' I don't know many who have your views. I don't think the majority of fans want to alienate fans who don't want to sing certain songs but what right do you have to stop it, should we stop traditions because some fans don't like it? I don't think these will go away as too many have views that they like theses songs. You are going to alienate yourself IMO not the other fans.

That is, IMO, a very short-sighted view and I feel that you fail to see the big picture and how such songs and chants effect our image. I would say that I respect your choice too, but I don't as it'll effect how we are seen and how our own fans see ourselves. It's not acceptable to me and to more and more Rangers fans. The songs will be forced out. We have no choice if the club is to move on and be seen as been progressive, like the rest of British society.

Extremism is not a trait that I want to see attached to Scotland's best club.

I would say these chants are acceptable to the majority of our own fans, it's mainly ther teams in oScotland who seems to have problems with it. I have every right just as you have to sing or not by the sounds of it, if you don't respect what rangers fans want to sing fair enough but I doubt many will respect you either.

So should we bin any song that someone in the crowd doesn't like? So if someone doesn't like a particular song then it should not be sung? There's some Rangers related songs that I don't like. Should they be stopped as well?

Why does everyone have to agree on everything?

It seems that your attitude has divided the support as much as the songs that are being sung. Why would you willingly do that? :tongue:

You are always going to get stuff that people don't like. Why not live with it, instead of being offended?

So where's the line mate? Are everyone's politics acceptable, should we live with any chants or songs that are political in nature? Currently the issue troubling the Unionist/Loyalist politicians of Northern ireland is abortion, if a section of our support start a pro-life chant do you think that's okay? Or how about creationism, another favourite subject with some NI Unionist politicians, is a blast of 'you can stick your evolution up your arse' from the stands one we should turn a deaf ear too? What if some fancy a bit of BNP political chanting is that still cool, would you still suggest we live with it? Is Marxism okay, anarchism, what about anti or pro EU?

Who is the arbiter of taste and decency here, who decides what's OK, if one groups 'politics' are acceptable to be sung are everyones?

So where's the line mate? Are everyone's politics acceptable, should we live with any chants or songs that are political in nature? Currently the issue troubling the Unionist/Loyalist politicians of Northern ireland is abortion, if a section of our support start a pro-life chant do you think that's okay? Or how about creationism, another favourite subject with some NI Unionist politicians, is a blast of 'you can stick your evolution up your arse' from the stands one we should turn a deaf ear too? What if some fancy a bit of BNP political chanting is that still cool, would you still suggest we live with it? Is Marxism okay, anarchism, what about anti or pro EU?

Who is the arbiter of taste and decency here, who decides what's OK, if one groups 'politics' are acceptable to be sung are everyones?

I think that the line is decency (although that's obviously difficult to define). In respect of most of your examples, they are probably OK. The one major one I'd have a problem wiith would be BNP. However if it's not racist then I guess I'd need to live with it.

I guess I'd feel that some of your examples didn't do the club any credit, in the same way as Edge feels about some of ours. However I'm not sure that I have the right to dictate my views on others. There's a difference between what is socially unacceptable (eg racism) and what you disagree with on a personal level.

For example, I'm a Scotland supporter, despite the anti-English songs that the tartan army sing (which admittedly are a lot less than they once were but they still exist). I don't feel I have the right to start dictating to them what they can and can't sing.

I accept that the tartan army are football supporters and they sing things I don't agree with. It's just part of being a fan.