I was careful not "have a go" at any fans. I said they didn't cross the line.

Maybe the fans who want to make a political point should ask the questions of Holyrood. Maybe they should write letters. Maybe they should go stand outside the Scottish Parliament and demonstrate. They'd be more likely to get an answer if they did.

If their point was to get the fact they are treated worse than criminals across, I think it worked.

And standing outside any government building has never worked, everybody and their Granny told this government the bill wasn't needed and was a waste of time. Did they change their mind, did they Hell so why would a group of young football fans standing outside Holyrood make any difference.

I think that these songs have no place at the football. Personally, I wasn't offended but no doubt some poor soul cried.

I just want the UB's to sing Rangers songs, that's all. Celebrate the club and our players, we are all united in the common love for that at least. Everyone that goes to Ibrox wants to hear Rangers songs, not everyone wants to hear political and terrorist tunes.

:)

Would love to hear Rangers songs as well and we do, remember these guys are the ones responsible for all the new songs. But they are getting treated like a piece a dirt you would scrap of your shoe, and nobody is doing a damn thing about it. So I can see where there frustration is coming from and why they feel the need to lash out at the SNP.

If their point was to get the fact they are treated worse than criminals across, I think it worked.

And standing outside any government building has never worked, everybody and their Granny told this government the bill wasn't needed and was a waste of time. Did they change their mind, did they Hell so why would a group of young football fans standing outside Holyrood make any difference.

If you think protesting makes no difference when it's done outside Holyrood, why do you think it does work when it's inside Ibrox? If anything, it's less likely to work. Have they torn up the bill based on Saturday's singing? Will the fans be treated any better next match?

If you think protesting makes no difference when it's done outside Holyrood, why do you think it does work when it's inside Ibrox? If anything, it's less likely to work. Have they torn up the bill based on Saturday's singing? Will the fans be treated any better next match?

The bill will never be torn up mores the pity, BF1 are trying to get the point out that they are being treated like criminals when all they want to do is support their team. Guys in GF1 & GF2 who jump up and start singing for more than 10 seconds or have a bit of banter with the away fans get their face recorded by video (why?) or worse just chucked out.

These guys are probably only all together on a match day what better time to air your grievance, at the same place you are being mistreated.

The worrying thing is why more Rangers fans not in BF1 aren't angry by the way their fellow fans are being mistreated.

@Bear_ and the others who 'support' the political chants, genuine question. Now that you know that a section of the Rangers support disagree with the chants, some to such a degree that they'd actually stop attending Ibrox because of them, do you still think it's okay to sing them and will you continue to do so?

Would you rather turn people away from going to support their team then temper your choice of songs?

Is your entire behaviour dictated by people who act on such whims and are the most easily offended, even when to all sensible people their reactions appear to be an over reaction.

Shit point scoring.

Is your entire behaviour dictated by people who act on such whims and are the most easily offended, even when to all sensible people their reactions appear to be an over reaction.

Shit point scoring.

I'm point scoring? Pot, kettle, mate!

At least GovanAllan answered the question, you just deflect it.

To answer your question my 'entire behaviour' isn't dictated by anyone, I've not left Gersnet, as a 'super mod' I thought you might have realised that. You used the word 'offended', I didn't, I said 'disagree', there is a big difference. I don't think they are 'offended' I think they disagree with the sentiment expressed and the appropriateness of the venue for expressing it. But hey, we're point scoring now so why bother.

I'm point scoring? Pot, kettle, mate!

At least GovanAllan answered the question, you just deflect it.

To answer your question my 'entire behaviour' isn't dictated by anyone, I've not left Gersnet, as a 'super mod' I thought you might have realised that. You used the word 'offended', I didn't, I said 'disagree', there is a big difference. I don't think they are 'offended' I think they disagree with the sentiment expressed and the appropriateness of the venue for expressing it. But hey, we're point scoring now so why bother.

I wasn't asked a question, so I didn't have one to answer. Nor was I point scoring.

I was pointing out that is ridiculous for society or individuals to choose their behaviours based solely on whimsical people who have the lowest tolerance to perceived offences. (Your offence v disagreeing with sentiment is semantics really).

The rest of your post was irrelevant.

I wasn't asked a question, so I didn't have one to answer.

Well you quoted my question in your post.

Nor was I point scoring.

No, you accused me of it I was sending it right back to you.

I was pointing out that is ridiculous for society or individuals to choose their behaviours based solely on whimsical people who have the lowest tolerance to perceived offences. (Your offence v disagreeing with sentiment is semantics really).
Bollocks it's semantics, they are two words with very different meanings. Whimsical and offended are your words, there is nothing whimsical about this. It's an interesting choice of words to describe people who disagree with the appropriateness of certain chants and infers a frivolousness and that's neither fair nor accurate. Only you know why you chose them.

The rest of your post was irrelevant.

Yeah, well done.