Conduct of Sir David Murray, Craig Whyte and Rangers directors examined

You're deluded if you don't think they want to look back at the last 12 years as well as any of the recent stuff. They didn't go after us on EBTs for the hell of it.

They are limited in scope to a period of 3 years pre liquidation in respect of the actions of company directors, I'm not sure if it's 3 years from entering administration or enetering liquidation if it's the latter then David Murray is laughing as he resigned on 26 August 2009.

they have no mandate to go back that far. I would also point out at least three different bidders complained of difficulties with d&p.

If there is a believed fraud they can go back 25 years. So all they need to do is scream that there was a fraud.

No fraud, statute of limitations is 7 years.

Might be different with an insolvency event though.

pretty sure fs is correct with 3 years.

That's in regards to the directors conduct.

Think Craig is correct that if they think there's fraud involved they can go back 25 years (perhaps even longer).

I always thought in the no fraud category it was 6 years in Scotland but 7 in England but Craig will be better versed in this than I.

Whyte feels shafted! pity it wasn't with a red hot poker shoved up his arse!!!

FORMER Rangers owner Craig Whyte is planning to sue its administrators over claims they pulled out of a deal to give the club BACK to him.

Whyte, 41, insists Duff and Phelps agreed a £500,000 fee to get the Glasgow giants out of administration quickly â?? but delayed the process to rack up a £3million bill.

And the businessman handed The Scottish Sun a dossier of evidence which he says proves the under-fire cash experts knew about his controversial Ticketus deal.

Last night Monaco-based Whyte said: â??I am currently taking legal advice. Duff and Phelps have SHAFTED me.

â??They agreed a deal of a flat fee of £500,000 and to go in and out of administration quickly. There are three million reasons why the administrators dragged their heels.â?

The claim came as a voice recording of Duff and Phelps director David Grier emerged which apparently shows he did know Whyte bought the club with fansâ?? money. Rangers were plunged into administration due to £15million HMRC debts on February 14 and were eventually bought by Charles Green in June.

Whyte claims the finance firm had said they would hand the club back to him after administration.

And in a letter given to us by Whyte, Mr Grier says on February 10: â??We propose to provide restructuring services at a capped value of £500k, plus agreed disbursements to cover agreed and necessary professional and legal costs.

â??The only additional cost, for which we are currently obtaining an estimate of fees, is in relation to security for our staff and RFC directors. We estimate this to be £65k.â?

Whyte also hit back at the companyâ??s previous denials and urged Ibrox fans to â??now make up their own mindsâ?.

He said: â??The biggest disaster was Duff and Phelps not sticking to their word. I realised they were not going to do a quick deal like they said and were running their own agenda. However for Duff and Phelps to say they never knew is complete nonsense. Everyone in the buy-out team was aware of it.

â??I have provided The Scottish Sun with evidence backing up what I said.â?

Whyte paid Sir David Murray £1 for the club and gave an undertaking to settle its £18million Lloyds Bank debt.

It later emerged Whyte paid the debt by selling three years of season books to finance firm Ticketus for £25million â?? which Duff and Phelps have previously denied knowing.

Grier makes tape 'admission'

DUFF and Phelps director David Grier has been caught on tape appearing to admit he DID know about the Ticketus deal.

He has always denied claims by former Rangers owner Craig Whyte that he knew the tycoon bought the club with £25million of fansâ?? season ticket dosh.

Here is the secret recording from a meeting between the duo in London on May 31 which says he WAS aware.

GRIER: â??Iâ??ll tell you what weâ??re doing with that just so you... â?

WHYTE: â??Yeah.â?

GRIER: â??We went to see counsel yesterday and had a full sort of debrief of all the email correspondence.â?

WHYTE: â??Yep.â?

GRIER: â??Now the fact is we probably did know what was going on with Ticketus. Thereâ??s no email traffic whatsoever.â?

WHYTE: â??That says that you did?â?

GRIER: â??That says that we did.â?

WHITE: â??But we all know that you did and f****** hell.â?

GRIER: â??Yeah, yeah. We were not involved in dealing with Ticketus directly.â?

WHYTE: â??Yeah. So you knew the structures of the deal. You were dealing with Lloyds.â?

GRIER: â??Absolutely.â?

WHYTE: â??And the Ticketus part was Saffreys.â?

GRIER: â??Yeah. So weâ??ve maintained that line quite rigorously.â?

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4608243/Craig-Whyte-Ive-been-Duffed-up.html#ixzz2AH9mZ2rF