Traynor: Duff and Phelps face serious questions over Rangers' Ticketus deal

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...stions-1398239

REMEMBER when the taxman was threatening to stop Duff and Phelps being appointed as Rangers administrators?

Back then, Iâ??m told, Craig Whyte was gripped by such panic that he was almost clinging to the table in fright. That may have been an indication of how close he was to the firm â?? or a senior partner â?? he is now frantically trying to take down with him.

Whyte and David Grier, the Duff and Phelps partner at whom he is now slinging mud, worked together on Whyteâ??s original takeover of Rangers.

Is it significant that Grier, as the tape Whyte has now produced suggests, may have known all along about the Ticketus deal, a deal originally exposed by the Record, which saw £25million of season ticket money mortgaged off?

Yes it is, because it is an offence under company law to use a companyâ??s assets to pay for the purchase of it.

Whyte knows that, hence the attempt to drag Duff and Phelps into the mire on a journey which may well end up with Whyte behind bars.

Whyte had an agreement â?? or so he thought â?? with Duff and Phelps for a swift, clinical administration that would leave him with the whip hand and a sellable football club.

But he was sold a pup. If senior partners did really know about the Ticketus arrangement all along, then hell mend them.

Whyte, not Grier, was the man who trashed Rangersâ?? cherished history â?? but Grier and one or two others should also be questioned.

The question remains whether D&P, or rather our two admins had anything to do with "D&P partner" Greir or any insight into his actions and dealings. We and Traynor can assume anything to our hearts' content, but without any sort of proof, it just remains conjecture. Not defending anyone here, just saying ...

Questions, questions, questions, .............................

Honestly, I am beyond questions, it is time to assemble a firing squad. The big hill at Bellahouston Park would make an effective bullet stop, the grass plain adjacent contains no ricochet inducing factors, and the park is well serviced by public transport. Pick a morning and assemble Whyte, Murray, Grier, Duff and Phelps, ...................................... etc and let's get it over with in several minutes.

Any volunteers wishing to participate will be given a couple of minutes weapon handling instruction and I propose we invoice the families of those shot for the cost of rounds used. Do I have a seconder?

Honestly, I am beyond questions, it is time to assemble a firing squad. The big hill at Bellahouston Park would make an effective bullet stop, the grass plain adjacent contains no ricochet inducing factors, and the park is well serviced by public transport. Pick a morning and assemble Whyte, Murray, Grier, Duff and Phelps, ...................................... etc and let's get it over with in several minutes.

Any volunteers wishing to participate will be given a couple of minutes weapon handling instruction and I propose we invoice the families of those shot for the cost of rounds used. Do I have a seconder?

Done!

Any monies raised would vastly outweigh those of an IPO. :cool:

I'll third it, but can I string mine up by his baws and watch him die slowly and in great pain.

chuck in Muir and you have a list of names that will haunt us for generations.

chuck in Muir and you have a list of names that will haunt us for generations.

Can I, please sir, administer the coup-de-gras. I could save you a few bob as I don't need any further weapons training. :-))))