Charles Green on Talksport

Jim is hardly likely to give up his job. As FS says, having a Rangers employee is not suitable.

He wouldn't give up a relatively toothless fans' liaison role to go on the board as the first ever fans' rep? Why not, does he lack ambition?

I notice neither you nor Forlan answered the question. Who do you think is best suited to represent the fans? You must have someone in mind.

BTW does Hillhead seriously fancy it? I think he could make a real contribution on the board. Would he fly over every month??

I don't think it would be any of the current fans reps. In an ideal world the person would be elected and would bring out a manifesto explaining what they had to offer i.e skills, business experience, qualifications, Rangers supporting credentials and what they see as the burning issues that they would tackle. I'm not keen on a Football Board at all, I don't see the point in it.

There are probably hundreds of people that nobody knows that could do a job. I'd probably go for someone like Monty - well respected and wouldn't take any shit. Of course, I also think there should be a woman on the Board to look after the interests of our female supporters. :smokin:

He wouldn't give up a relatively toothless fans' liaison role to go on the board as the first ever fans' rep? Why not, does he lack ambition?
He lacks independence and he lacks the finances to give up a full-time paid job.

I notice neither you nor Forlan answered the question. Who do you think is best suited to represent the fans? You must have someone in mind.

I had already answered it earlier in the thread.

Edited by Bluedell

BTW does Hillhead seriously fancy it? I think he could make a real contribution on the board. Would he fly over every month??

As I stated previously I'd need to see who the prospective candidates are and whatever their respective manifesto's are.

The interview is on the Keyes and Grey podcast on iTunes now.

Cheers. I was away to ask what show was he on. I listen to Keyes and Gray podcast the next morning when get into work. Looking forward to it this morning.

I like Charles and all he says, but there was not a mention of Celtic and how we can get what we want?

If we want to play in the TOP league in Scotland and take our place in European football again then we'll have to get into bed with Celtic.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is living in in cloud cuckoo land.

We are a BIG club who have a BIG rival, lets not lose that fact.

In summary - Charles Green is pulling wool.

...or sending a message to those who would strip us of titles. Green knows that there will have to be a solution whereby Rangers play Celtic eventually, but he also knows that other people need us to find that solution too. I hope he plays that fact for all its worth and secures as many concessions for us as possible.

I like Charles and all he says, but there was not a mention of Celtic and how we can get what we want?

If we want to play in the TOP league in Scotland and take our place in European football again then we'll have to get into bed with Celtic.

Just because they are our biggest rivals doesn't mean we have to get into bed with them, apart from the fact we would have to play them 4 times a season I want nothing to do with them. That club is trying by any means fair and foul to keep us down and out, I want nothing to do with the Terrorist Loving, Kiddiefiddling, Mhanky twats ever again.

In future yes. But currently we do not need to discuss Them. I think not mentioning THEM at all was genius. I was listening to radio on Saturday and they had Liewell on before Killie game. HE got asked about Rangers. So for Green to not even show any consideration to them in an interview when they and their supporters do nothing but talk about us is great.

He did do the Dundee Utd thing too, saying SPL teams don't matter at Ibrox. THAT was the underlying point.