Rangers bosses knew about Craig Whyte's shady business dealings BEFORE Ibrox takeover

I am beginning to wonder why old news like this has been dragged up again by the daily rheb, it couldn't possibly be the rhebs sports editor jabba showing us all how lucky we are that Green rescued us and by doing so ingratiating himself even further with Green, with a share issue allegedly looming ?

I don't think it necessarily reflects well on Green. I like Green, but some folk might read that article and, considering the chain of Murray - Whyte - D&P - Green, not be too happy about his (admittedly quite distant) links with this alleged corruption. Not much of a "big-up" if that was the intention IMO.

I don't think it necessarily reflects well on Green. I like Green, but some folk might read that article and, considering the chain of Murray - Whyte - D&P - Green, not be too happy about his (admittedly quite distant) links with this alleged corruption. Not much of a "big-up" if that was the intention IMO.

Are you really saying all 4 of them sat down and planned everything?

As much as has happened there's still plenty of suggestions too far fetched.

Are you really saying all 4 of them sat down and planned everything?

As much as has happened there's still plenty of suggestions too far fetched.

Not seriously, no.

All I'm saying is that some people might read the article in the OP and think, "Hurray, Green saved us from this corruption", while others might read it and think, "Hmmm, Green emerged from this corruption". I don't think it reads as a glowing endorsement of Green, so I'm not convinced that it's an attempt to suck up to him like frost is.

The timing of it is strange though.

Edited by Thinker

This is the first time any of the actual content of the report has been published rather than just hinted at.

The entire board resigning woul have achieved what exactly?

This is the first time any of the actual content of the report has been published rather than just hinted at.

The entire board resigning woul have achieved what exactly?

I would say it would have resulted in all the right questions being asked of Whyte, rather than inventing his wealth of the radar status, plenty of people had him sussed from his boiler room ops at MHG to his asset stripping and non payment of debts, plus his corporate office in Bath Street that looked more like a Janny's cupboard.

Honour and business just don't mix.

they didn't resign they stayed and opposed the takeover. far more of a statement than walking out.

of course they were just accused of wanting to keep their club ties by some.

I nearly laughed opposed the takeover, who opposed it ? keep an eye on Whyte that was opposing it, you are right on one thing all they were interested in was hanging on to the tie and blazer.