John Brown spouts nonsense again

Ally McCoist's side are aiming to take their second SPL scalp of the season tomorrow night when they entertain Caley Thistle in the Scottish Communities League Cup.

The Ibrox outfit have already eliminated Motherwell from the competition and can secure a semi-final place at Hampden Park if they manage to overcome Inverness.

But nine-in-a-row legend Bomber reckons the Light Blues wouldn't be good enough to mount a top half of the table challenge despite big-name arrivals such as Dean Shiels and Ian Black.

Brown believes McCoist was sold short by owner Charles Green in the summer and has questioned the wisdom in signing Brazilian defender Emilson Cribari.

He said: "I have no doubt that Rangers would struggle over the course of a season in the SPL with the squad Ally has right now at his disposal. I genuinely believe that there is just not enough depth of quality in it.

"What you are seeing with some of the players, such as Cribari, who have come in is that they are just not good enough to help the young guys who are being pitched in develop and learn during the course of the games.

"I question why these guys have been allowed to sign contracts with Rangers when they are plainly not good enough and the buck in that respect stops at the feet of Charles Green.

"Tomorrow night's tie with Inverness is a massive test for Rangers and the support will be watching to see that the victory over Motherwell was not a fluke. But the bottom line is that Ally has not been allowed to bring the quality of player in sufficient numbers in that he needed to."

He said: "I have no doubt that Rangers would struggle over the course of a season in the SPL with the squad Ally has right now at his disposal."

That might actually be a concern if we were in the SPL.

As long as we improve the squad in time for our return to the top-flight it's all good. Having a top quality squad right now would be a waste of money.

Guest Smug Bluenose
he's right. were struggling in div3 in case people hadn't noticed...

Are we really ? I mean really ? Two points clear at the top, and lost only one game is "struggling in div3" ?

We may not be racing away at the moment the way you would have liked it to happen, but to say we're "struggling in div3" is pushing it more than a bit, in my opinion.

he's right. were struggling in div3 in case people hadn't noticed.

really he's just sticking up for one of his best pals. ally has said he needed more players.

We're in the fourth bloody tier of Scottish football, a league full of part time players that Gretna with much less resources than ourselves swept aside.

There's not a chance we need more than what we've got, Ally may still do well after breaking the away duck but if he doesn't the resources cannot be blamed. The other third division managers will be laughing their heads off at suggestions our squad isn't good enough.

Are we really ? I mean really ? Two points clear at the top, and lost only one game is "struggling in div3" ?

We may not be racing away at the moment the way you would have liked it to happen, but to say we're "struggling in div3" is pushing it more than a bit, in my opinion.

is our win rate not about 50%. anyway I've watched us and I say we ate struggling.

Why does Brown think we want to hear his anti-Green propaganda. I doubt Green picked the players Ally signed. Green may have closed the bank book on Ally but we may not be in the mess we are in if Murray had been more cautious.

We're in the fourth bloody tier of Scottish football, a league full of part time players that Gretna with much less resources than ourselves swept aside.

There's not a chance we need more than what we've got, Ally may still do well after breaking the away duck but if he doesn't the resources cannot be blamed. The other third division managers will be laughing their heads off at suggestions our squad isn't good enough.

isn't the suggestion its not good enough for the SPL.