J Rod back into squad for Auxerre.

For the lazy folk althought it isnt much:

J-ROD IN SQUAD

Rangers manager Paul Le Guen has added defender Julien Rodriguez to his squad for the UEFA Cup trip to Auxerre.

The Frenchman replaces Sasa Papac, who is ineligible after playing for Austria Vienna in a Champions League qualifier.

On-loan Manchester United winger Lee Martin has not travelled with the squad to France due to a knee injury.

Rangers (from): McGregor, Hutton, Svensson, Hemdani, Smith, Novo, Ferguson, Adam, Clement, Boyd, Prso, Klos, Letizi, Buffel, Rodriguez, Rae, Sionko, Sebo, N'Diaye.

I dont think we have to worry about J-Rod playing tonight, seems that PLG has chosen his favourite pairing in the centre of defence.

PAUL LE GUEN believes tonight's clash with Auxerre will be a real test for Rangers but insists his men are more than capable of securing the point they need to make the last 32 of the UEFA Cup.

During the Frenchman's reign, Lyon never lost to Auxerre and if that can continue this evening then the Light Blues will be safely through to the knockout stage with a game to spare.

Sunday's win over Hearts was a very positive result not just for securing three vital points, but because it also boosted confidence and team spirit.

The manager is keen to stick with the same side that played at Tynecastle, but is conscious of the gruelling fixture schedule and trying to guard against tiredness.

But fully aware that Gers will have to produce another impressive performance to overcome Auxerre, who ended a seven game winless run last weekend by beating Toulouse 1-0, Le Guen insists he may stick with his winning formula.

The manager admitted: "They are going to be difficult to beat and are a team with very good players.

"Like us they have been trying to improve their confidence levels and Sunday's win was important for them.

"They have some good attacking options with Luigi Pieroni, Ireneusz Jelen and Kanga Akale up front.

"We must be well organised and aware of their threats, but will still go into the game full of confidence.

"This will be a good test for us and it's important we win the midfield battle because Benoit Cheyrou and Benoit Pedretti are very skilful. They are good passers of the ball and we must press them.

"But we have good players of our own with Barry, Jeremy and Charlie so although it will be tough for us, it will also be a hard match for them too.

"I would like to achieve some stability and continuity within the team but my team tomorrow will depend on the players and how they have recovered.

"It's difficult to play two or three games in a row and that is in my mind, but I am also aware that we must try to keep the same line-up in order to get some momentum.

"I will speak to the players and see how they feel before making any decisions.

"I would like to add Julien to the squad but as I want to achieve some stability I am keen to keep Brahim Hemdani in defence.

"I think it is better for him and Karl to try and form a good partnership. We know Sasa Papac is cup tied for Europe so I think I will carry on with these two at the back."

Nacho Novo has scored two crucial goals already in this UEFA Cup campaign, against Livorno and Maccabi and is flying high at the moment after bagging the winner last Sunday.

He epitomises everything a Rangers player should be and Le Guen is delighted with the Spaniards contribution.

He concluded: "Nacho is a real team player, he has great spirit.

"Even if he misses chances during a game, he never gives up and that is the most important thing.

"I am pleased for him because he works so hard and he deserves his chance."

We should remember that Auxerre is a town of about 50 thousand people - about the size of Kilmarnock. Under Guy Rioux they punched above their weight but despite having two high profile managers to succeed him they seem to be dropping back to their natural level.

On paper we should easily win this but if Le Guen thinks his team finds it harder to win against lesser teams then we could be in trouble.

Guest TULLYTHETRUEBLUE

Dont underestimate the onion munchers...remember this is not RFC from the 90s..its mintys present day version of RFC and we should be very cautious