jig signs new deal

apparently we were, yes. yes, i think we got the btter deal there too. :) izaguirre flew to scotland to sign for rangers and before he landed he was on his way to celtic. that was a dirty one by them. riordan knocked us back before he signed for celtic.

what great lengths, fabrications and distortions? :-/

you are basing how big a club are from a one off micky mouse cup tie? :-/

The Loovens one is paper talk. There is no real hard evidence or proof we were genuinely interested and with all the great centre back signings we made in this period I find it hard to buy that one. Will chalk it up to Celtic trying to give it the "we got one over on them" crap they try and pull on nearly every signing (second only to listening to Celtic on the radio as a kid). Izaguirre one is news to me. Will take your word for it on Riordan but really don't remember that.

I'm not expecting them or us to sell out a mickey mouse cup tie. But really big teams don't see their crowds drop to 25% for any competitive game do they?

The Loovens one is paper talk. There is no real hard evidence or proof we were genuinely interested and with all the great centre back signings we made in this period I find it hard to buy that one. Will chalk it up to Celtic trying to give it the "we got one over on them" crap they try and pull on nearly every signing (second only to listening to Celtic on the radio as a kid). Izaguirre one is news to me. Will take your word for it on Riordan but really don't remember that.

I'm not expecting them or us to sell out a mickey mouse cup tie. But really big teams don't see their crowds drop to 25% for any competitive game do they?

i dont know exact percentages but i saw a league cup match at old trafford last year where the stadium was almost completely empty. i guess it depends on the opposition as well. if it had been us against them, it would have been a full house i assume. the average crowds for the league cup throughout its history have been very poor though for every club. its the least important cup domestically which is why i used the term mickey mouse. least important but to us and celtic, still vital for our overall stature. and there is money to be made too of course.

While McCoist seemed to be the glue that held things together at one stage off the park I always got the impression McCulloch was the one in the dressing room doing the same. Like said he didnt jump ship although he is 33 / 34 but I still feel he'd have stayed even if he was 28.

Isnt there a difference between club captain and team captain? Pretty sure there has been occassions when teams have had a club captain who wasnt a regular in the team maybe due to injuries and age and a team captain then takes over. Id say LM is a club captain but on the pitch id make Alexander the team captain, although there is nothing wrong with both of them playing the role regardless who wears the armband.

A 2 year deal seems about right although I think ageing players should be on 1 year rolling deals, but he has a great attitude and is likely to remain in shape which means he could stroll the next 2 years as a striker.

14 goals in 16 games says it all....he was signed as a striker and now we're getting the rewards, he almost ruined himself playing in midfield and defence.

Mcculloch does do that. Just because you don't see it on camera doesn't mean he doesn't do it. You see him doing it plenty of times during a game.

I watched him very closely at Forres from the rail right beside the pitch and I was very disappointed to see that he did not appear to offer any encouragement to any players particularly when he moved back into midfield and we were under severe pressure late on in the game.