The Departed

Dearie me. Whatever happened to the saying "Once a Ranger, always a Ranger"?

That ended when Naismith, Whittaker, Lafferty and others jumped ship. They are not welcome to be called a Ranger IMO. 3 players who we stood by for varies reasons not only walked away but embarrassed themselves and the club because their new boss didnt knock on their door and explain things to them.

The reason I didn't mention Gattuso was because it was always known that we only had him on loan and that he would go back to Milan.

We never had him on loan. We bought Rino from Perugia then sold him to Salernitana for £4m who then sold him to Milan for £8m some 20 games later.

Kris Boyd, Portland Timbers:

Portland scored 34 goals in 2012, second-worst in the league and its 10 away goals tied for worst in MLS. Defensively, the Timbers conceded 56 goals, third-worst in MLS and the 35 goals allowed on the road was second-worst.

Here's what they had to say of Boydy.

The status of striker Kris Boyd is just one of many personnel issues the team must resolve before the players return for pre-season training in January. The designated player, brought in by Spencer, scored just seven goals during the season and was benched in favor of Bright Dike after Wilkinson revamped the team's formation in August.

Boyd, who was paid $1.5 million in 2012, started nearly all of the games until he was benched in the game at New York August 19. He was inserted into the starting 11 at San Jose Sept. 19, but suffered an adductor injury - some in the organization whispered that the injury confirmed what others suspected, that Boyd wasn't fit all season - and missed the final five games of the season. The 29-year-old Boyd has vowed to work hard during the off season to regain his starting position.

No surprises there then.

Steven Smith also plays for them.

http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/index.ssf/2012/10/portland_timbers_2012_season_w.html

Cracking name. :D

We never had him on loan. We bought Rino from Perugia then sold him to Salernitana for £4m who then sold him to Milan for £8m some 20 games later.

Thanks for correction, unusually for me I didn't do my research; TBH I did think we had bought him but I am fairly sure that it was well known at the time that he would only stay a couple of years for a football education and then return to Italy. But you are spot on, thanks again.