SPL, Hearts and Armageddon

Some people didn't seem to think about the long term when they wanted us crucified day after day, so forgive me if I'm not that sympathetic and looking for an even hand when it comes to dishing out punishment.

All in the name of Sporting Integrity of course.

well said. i dont think hearts going under will have any effect on us. just one less team to challenge us for silverwear.

are you in the west/central belt allan? i dont see kids growing up in edinburgh supporting killie, aberdeen, dundee utd or anyone like that. it is 9.9 times out of 10 hearts/hibs/rangers or celtic. with no hearts, rangers in lower leagues and hibs their main rivals the easy choice for easily influenced kids will be celtic.

Yes mate just along the road from Hamilton, so I know what happens a lot of Hamilton, Motherwell kids support Rangers or Celtic.

Personally I would rather Hearts didn't disappear and I don't think they will, but imagine the force a Edinburgh team could be or if the rest of the Glasgow teams outwith us and them got together, one Dundee team instead of two.

Yes mate just along the road from Hamilton, so I know what happens a lot of Hamilton, Motherwell kids support Rangers or Celtic.

Personally I would rather Hearts didn't disappear and I don't think they will, but imagine the force a Edinburgh team could be or if the rest of the Glasgow teams outwith us and them got together, one Dundee team instead of two.

i agree mate. we have far too many clubs in scotland.

i agree mate. we have far too many clubs in scotland.

You know that feeling you get when your heading to the game a kind of mix between excitement and dread, when your not sure if you will win you should but its against a team who could beat you if your not at your best and it will be a great game. The feeling I only get when we have to play them or a big European night. Imagine that feeling more than a handful of times a season that's what I want to get back to in Scottish Football.

You know that feeling you get when your heading to the game a kind of mix between excitement and dread, when your not sure if you will win you should but its against a team who could beat you if your not at your best and it will be a great game. The feeling I only get when we have to play them or a big European night. Imagine that feeling more than a handful of times a season that's what I want to get back to in Scottish Football.

:thup: more full houses and more battles for tickets on big match nights.

Here we go again: "they were (your adjective here) to us, so we should wish the worst for them".

This is such a depressing attitude on all sorts of levels.

Firstly, we probably all know some Hearts fans. In my case my late grandfather and my cousin and my step-daughter's boyfriend. Top blokes one and all and I wouldn't wish them to go what we went through.

Second, just because someone behaves like a twat to you does *not* mean that you have to react in the same manner back to them. It's called behaving with dignity and maturity.

Thirdly, if Hearts went bust we'd lose the most enjoyable fixture in the league, to my mind. Our games against them have all the spirit and mental-ness, indeed more, than games against Celtic - how many times do games end with 22 players on the park?

Fourthly, if we want to have the strongest most competitive league we can and if we want to produce the best players we can, then we need Hearts.

Finally, if Hearts get taken under by yet another mis-managing con artist, it really does reduce scottish fitba to 3rd world levels.

Far from Rangers taking any pleasure in their predicament, Charles Green should offer to pay the tax bill for them, at an appropriate level of interest of course. This would have the effect of showing the world that we may be in Div3, but we are still Scotland's biggest club; it would forever give us crowing rights over the Jambos and it would sicken the 'sellik-minded' that one 'Hun' club came to the rescue of another.

So why not get rid of the dross first, then share the wealth out to the strong clubs left behind who will use the new money well and improve their clubs on and off the pitch.

Less clubs more money for the rest as well.

Who are the dross, what clubs do you mean?

You will have a dip, but if you get the restructure right and give them something to watch the next generation of kids who have never heard of Hearts or Dunfermline will hear about the great football and want to go watch. I'm not saying for a minute it's not going to be painful its going to hurt like Hell.

But the game as we know it in Scotland is dead it just doesn't know it yet, time to put it out its misery and start again while we still can, because the day is fast approaching when nothing will be left to save.

Yeah but it isn't just about going to watch 'great football' is it? If it was Ibrox would be pretty empty these days. Going to watch 'your' team is about so much more than just the quality of football. It's about meeting mates, fathers, brothers, it's a social thing, a community thing, a sense of belonging, about letting off some steam, having a sing-song and so much more. The quality of football is important, but it is only one part of it, you know this.

Removing a club like Hearts would make Scottish football poorer, both literally and figuratively, in the short and long term. That's not in Rangers interest.

Here we go again: "they were (your adjective here) to us, so we should wish the worst for them".

This is such a depressing attitude on all sorts of levels.

Firstly, we probably all know some Hearts fans. In my case my late grandfather and my cousin and my step-daughter's boyfriend. Top blokes one and all and I wouldn't wish them to go what we went through.

Second, just because someone behaves like a twat to you does *not* mean that you have to react in the same manner back to them. It's called behaving with dignity and maturity.

Thirdly, if Hearts went bust we'd lose the most enjoyable fixture in the league, to my mind. Our games against them have all the spirit and mental-ness, indeed more, than games against Celtic - how many times do games end with 22 players on the park?

Fourthly, if we want to have the strongest most competitive league we can and if we want to produce the best players we can, then we need Hearts.

Finally, if Hearts get taken under by yet another mis-managing con artist, it really does reduce scottish fitba to 3rd world levels.

Far from Rangers taking any pleasure in their predicament, Charles Green should offer to pay the tax bill for them, at an appropriate level of interest of course. This would have the effect of showing the world that we may be in Div3, but we are still Scotland's biggest club; it would forever give us crowing rights over the Jambos and it would sicken the 'sellik-minded' that one 'Hun' club came to the rescue of another.

Your missing the point a bit here they agreed the rules that they used to hammer us with, but you think those same rules shouldn't be applied to them.

I take it if someone was to come up and smacked in the face because you had a better car and a bigger house had made more of your life than he had, your first thought would be you know what I really need to buy his guy a drink.