08a4cf1e44f783c853b207a033a173b9_S.jpg

RANGERS have been rocked by another major injury blow with the news that Emilson Cribari is facing up to a month out of action.

The Brazilian defender, who missed last weekendâ??s win over Peterhead, has a calf muscle tear.

Itâ??s another big defensive problem for Ally McCoist who already has Seb Faure missing for five weeks after hernia surgery and is set to lose Ross Perry for even longer for the same procedure.

The boss told RangersTV: â??Unfortunately itâ??s not great. Emilson has a first degree tear in his lower calf just above the Achilles and it looks like he will be out longer term too.

â??It looks as though Ross has a hernia problem which will need operated on and that is going to be six or seven weeks sadly.

â??So it looks as though we will be without these two lads for a number of weeks now.

â??Sebastien will also be five weeks minimum so thatâ??s another problem.

â??However, I felt Chris Hegarty and Lee McCulloch did well at the heart of the defence last Saturday.â?

WATCH THE FULL INTERVIEW WITH THE MANAGER NOW ON RANGERSTV

CLUBNEWS.jpg

Read more on the official site...

Every player is a loss when the squads so stretched, only takes a couple of more injuries and we are really in the sht.

Cribari has been average at best. He'll be missed as he's a member of the playing staff but he won't be missed on the pitch. Bombscare doesn't even come close. Give me Konterman any day. ;)

Edited by Gazza_8

We seem to suffer specifically in certain quarters. Sometimes we're without a whole strikeforce, sometimes our defenders meet each other in the treatment room. While I hope we have enough cover, I rather like the idea of having not to play Perry and Cribari. Hegarty and McCulloch looked good and some more games will give them experience. We'll have at least two more centre-halfs playing for the reserves/u21s, ...

RESERVES vs @StenhousemuirFC (4-3-3): Currie; Mitchell, Wilson, Wiktorski, Clarke; Hutton, Ramsay, Walsh; Naismith, Gallagher, Stella

... which make it look like the much heralded Wiktorski can play there too (thought he was a midfielder).

Cribari has been average at best. He'll be missed as he's a member of the playing staff but he won't be missed on the pitch. Bombscare doesn't even come close. Give me Konterman any day. ;)

So you would rather have a young 17 year old kid playing before he's ready because thats all we have left, than an experienced CB, strange one.