SKY will dictate league reconstruction..........

Dave Longmuir isn't stupid. He knew the proposals the other day were simply a shot across the bow of the SPL. Frankly it didn't matter if it was 16-10-18 or whatever but this is simply the SFL(with Rangers in their ranks) sabre-rattling as they attempt to seize control of Scottish Football and put the SPL out of business altogether. What are the SPL's alternatives then? status quo ? we've already had SPL chairmen stating the obvious that we don't need two bodies running the scottish leagues. One has to go. The smart money is on the SPL is it not?

At the end of the day whoever runs the scottish leagues next season will need to sit down with its biggest financial contributor (SKY TV) and keep it onboard. Judging by this season's SPL viewing figures that might be a difficult task. Therefore SKY will have a major say on what happens next if scottish football wishes to survive from its current predicament. They will decide who is in the top division next season if scottish football wishes to retain their significant financial input. Sporting integrity? save the jokes for another day please.

I firmly believe Rangers will return to the top division of scottish football next season whatever it may be called. I look forward to the many scalps taken along the way when we get there........

Edited by RANGERRAB

Dave Longmuir isn't stupid. He knew the proposals the other day were simply a shot across the bow of the SPL. Frankly it didn't matter if it was 16-10-18 or whatever but this is simply the SFL(with Rangers in their ranks) sabre-rattling as they attempt to seize control of Scottish Football and put the SPL out of business altogether. What are the SPL's alternatives then? status quo ? we've already had SPL chairmen stating the obvious that we don't need two bodies running the scottish leagues. One has to go. The smart money is on the SPL is it not?

At the end of the day whoever runs the scottish leagues next season will need to sit down with its biggest financial contributor (SKY TV) and keep it onboard. Judging by this season's SPL viewing figures that might be a difficult task. Therefore SKY will have a major say on what happens next if scottish football wishes to survive from its current predicament. They will decide who is in the top division next season if scottish football wishes to retain their significant financial input. Sporting integrity? save the jokes for another day please.

I firmly believe Rangers will return to the top division of scottish football next season whatever it may be called. I look forward to the many scalps taken along the way when we get there........

Let Sky dictate who will or wont be involved in the top League post reconstruction, our position would be secured in that diktat. However that is secondary imo to real issue of who is going to govern the game going forward? Is it to be the self interest of the Rangers hating SPL or the honest integrity led SFL, who want a more level financial playing field for every club.

If the SPL win the right to run the game then disaster looms for the smaller clubs, if the SFL wins the position of power every club benefits, If our club and supporters have learned anything this last year, it is this. There is life outside the SPL, it's not about dog eat dog. But about looking after each other and what is best for everyone.

Long live the SFL.

Sky wasnt around in the 60s, 70s and 80s and neither was big money in the game yet thats when Scottish teams were at their best and competed with the top of europe. Its the runners from the grass roots to the top that needs rid of poison....once we have a more attractive product then SKY will come knocking. They know Rangers and Celtic are a money maker for them.

The whole thing about the Rangers situation is that 'certain' clubs 'rubbed their hands' thinking they could greedily take advantage of it, the truth is the outcome will benefit the WHOLE of Scottish football, only because of one obvious reason. Common sense, something that Sky TV have I'm sure.

Power to the Scottish Football League and all it's members. F*ck the spl.

Let Sky dictate who will or wont be involved in the top League post reconstruction, our position would be secured in that diktat. However that is secondary imo to real issue of who is going to govern the game going forward? Is it to be the self interest of the Rangers hating SPL or the honest integrity led SFL, who want a more level financial playing field for every club.

If the SPL win the right to run the game then disaster looms for the smaller clubs, if the SFL wins the position of power every club benefits, If our club and supporters have learned anything this last year, it is this. There is life outside the SPL, it's not about dog eat dog. But about looking after each other and what is best for everyone.

Long live the SFL.

When we were voted out of the SPL and got accepted into the SFL little did the SPL clubs realise at the time that they were in effect voting for the end of the SPL as we shall soon find out. Remember our chum Rhegan has said he too wishes one governing body as per McLeish report. As usual however he's not said which one. Lack of leadership as Ally said a few short months ago. How true Ally.

Sky will let SPL know in no uncertain terms what is required of them (if they haven't already)

Sky hold all the power here imo they have option to walk away from TV Deal if they aren't happy with product being produced and viewing figures.

League reconstruction is a certainty now it's more just a case of how soon changes can be implemented

As much as I am enjoying my football again this season, I want Rangers to be back to where we belong as the Top team in the country

You need to find a compromise between what's good for the young players coming through and what sells for Sky, you find that solution your on to a winner, problem is I don't trust any of them except Longmuir to find that solution.

I've said before it should be taken out of the hands of the chairmen to decide this and put in the hands of an independent panel with someone from Sky on it.

Reconstruction will be dictated by SKY & the SPL.

The SFL will fight tooth & nail to ensure common sense etc, but ultimately it will be the other 2. Any reconstruction will be done purely with the SPL teams in mind - they will be the one who will benefit the most, yet its the smaller teams who need the most help.

I believe if the finances are distributed more evenly, with a better league setup you will see the smaller teams flourish. They will hopefully then start to provide a sensible route for young talent to get into the game & promote more home grown players.

I've said before it should be taken out of the hands of the chairmen to decide this and put in the hands of an independent panel with someone from Sky on it.

Ultimately, the SFA are the body in charge of Scottish football.....they are the one who should have the power to push through any change. If the SP don't like it...the SFA could simply refuse to acknowledge their existence - that would then rule them out of UEFA/FIFA competition.