Just to be the voice of reason here folks....

I have the online subscription for the season and have had it for the past couple of seasons (since they started offering it) and it VERY RARELY goes down the way it did on the weekend. I suspect that the demand was unprecedented.

I do agree they will likely lose custom for now but I will say that this past weekend was the worst it has ever been in all the time I have had the subscription.

The game is usually up 15-30 mins before the game starts with commentary and then you get the match. The stream is usually very good too.

But in over 2 seasons this past weekend was far and away the worst (I couldnt even get the "As Live" game last night) - sadly they picked an awful weekend to have connection problems :(

But in the time I have had the subscription I have largely positive experiences of it. And I have used it for almost every game we have had in the last couple of seasons.

But in the time I have had the subscription I have largely positive experiences of it. And I have used it for almost every game we have had in the last couple of seasons.

I think there are slightly different circumstances for you Craig. For a start I doubt you can receive British TV in a way that would allow you to watch a game on pay per view, so you're only realistic medium is the internet. And also as you say, the demand is far less for your type of subscription.

Here Rangers TV is competing with the likes of terrestrial TV and Sky and also the memory of Setanta. Those make the streaming look like poor quality and poor value for money - even if done as well as you have experienced it.

When Setanta started we were getting two or three live matches a month for £8.50 plus a host of other games and stuff in a reasonable picture on a large telly.

When you compare £6 for one game streamed to your laptop, then it doesn't look like a good deal.

I have Rangers TV to watch the game after midnight. I'd say the picture is good for a stream, but abysmal compared to an average TV channel. Sometimes I can't really follow the ball when we score even with a couple of replays and rewinding to see it again is incredibly painful and I can't slow it down or go frame by frame like on telly.

Even in a good live stream you don't have all the pause, rewind and timeslip of Sky+, Freeview+ and Freesat+.

It's like swapping a bog standard but passable Ford Mondeo for a Tuktuk and paying more for it. Yes it gets you there but not in comfort or luxury.