The Andrew Dickson who works in the club's media department and sometimes commentates on Rangerstv has been saying that if enough people continue to support Rangerstv they will be able to improve the quality and standard of the service.

I subscribe to RangersTV.....I have to say that the stream quality isn't perfect. You really need to sit back from the screen a wee bit. However, I find the quality more than watchable. Would be nice if they could increase the quality....which may be an opton if they get enough subscribers.

I subscribe to RangersTV.....I have to say that the stream quality isn't perfect. You really need to sit back from the screen a wee bit. However, I find the quality more than watchable. Would be nice if they could increase the quality....which may be an opton if they get enough subscribers.

I can't imagine the quality will be increased - it's all about bandwidth. They won't get more subscribers until they make it better value for money - which is incredibly poor compared to what Setanta offered.

Setanta - £100 a year to watch 48 live Scottish games in TV quality plus a load of other live games from around the World, plus highlights, plus Rangers TV with the full game the next day plus a load more.

RangersTV - £60 to watch Rangers TV with the full game after midnight, in low quality internet streaming.

We need income but I can't see why you should shaft the fans to get it...

in low quality internet streaming.

Never used the Setanta offering....

However, I wouldn't rate the stream as low quality...I would rate it as good, but not great.

It's a kinda chicken & egg scenario....we'll upgrade the quality if we get enough subscriptions, but folk don't subscribe due the current quality.....

Does anyone have any idea of viewing figures? A few folk have been saying it was as low as 8,000! I really can't see that otherwise the club would have probably lost money...plus with the connection problems i was thinking must have been a fair amount tuned in.

I can't imagine the quality will be increased - it's all about bandwidth. They won't get more subscribers until they make it better value for money - which is incredibly poor compared to what Setanta offered.

Setanta - £100 a year to watch 48 live Scottish games in TV quality plus a load of other live games from around the World, plus highlights, plus Rangers TV with the full game the next day plus a load more.

RangersTV - £60 to watch Rangers TV with the full game after midnight, in low quality internet streaming.

We need income but I can't see why you should shaft the fans to get it...

Aye... but Setanta went out of business. Part of that is clearly because of their pricing model - priced too low for the TV contracts they paid for.

Comparing with a defunct company makes little sense to me.

Compare to Sky, sure, or terrestial - but Setanta ? Why ?