Who's sorry now ?

Its hard to know where to start. So many highlights as a result of the tax tribunal verdict.

Fortunate then that Phil Macgiollabhain with his many repetitions over the last few months of the 5 stages of grief had, paved the way of our understanding of what was to come. And come they did as those Rangers haters came to terms with the loss of the ogre which gave some sort of warped justification to their hatred of all things Rangers.

Rangers didn't cheat. Nor match fix. Nor were they guilty of financial doping. They didn't rob our front line troops of essential supplies or schoolchildren of their textbooks.

The denial phase of grief was particularly amusing. Watching Spiers on national TV squirming and stuttering and denying he had used the term cheat was hilarious whilst at the same time tweets of his screenshots, confirming to the contrary, were winging their way around the internet world.

But that was not my favourite. For me thousands of obsessed Rangers haters pouring over every single word of the tribunal summation desperately seeking some form of justification was even funnier. One in particular caught my eye concerning an amateur tax expert called Luigi on Twitter...

@tomenglishsport I accept you've had little time to react to FTTT, but have you read paragraphs 159,161&163 of judgment? I suggest you do.

To which Tom English replied ...

@Luigi19701 Those sections are from the HMRC QC, not the tribunal judges

Cue collapsing world. Oh how I laughed.

But it didn't end there of course. Random thoughts (for random read â??obsessed") disgraced lawyer Paul McConville was conspicuous by his absence. His random thoughts on the Rangers tax verdict (which would have been his 600th odd random thought on our club) were a lesson in brevity as he had to nip out to his daughters musical recital. Wonder what she played â??Who's sorry nowâ? ?

But it's a story which just keeps on giving and giving.

Traynor's piece in the Record today, where he trounced all and sundry for their hatred, their willingness to accept as gospel those bigots and Rangers haters who suddenly became â??tax expertsâ? was food and drink to this Bear.

And on the subject of food...I'm off for some jelly and ice cream.

I

Rangers didn't cheat. Nor match fix. Nor were they guilty of financial doping. They didn't rob our front line troops of essential supplies or schoolchildren of their textbooks.

Legally, we did nothing wrong....don't be surprised if things get twisted round now so that we were morally wrong!!!

Legally, we did nothing wrong....don't be surprised if things get twisted round now so that we were morally wrong!!!

There is nothing 'morally' wrong with minimising your liabilities to the revenue.

It's a no-brainer. Everyone wants to pay as little as possible, no one wants to pay more than they're due.

The only reasonable outcome through this, the Starbucks/Amazon debacles is that the taxation system in the UK is too complicated and has too many 'loophholes' and needs an overhaul.

I mean, how much did the EBT case cost? Neil Patey said the other night that it's been going on for 9 years?!!!