Jings - Leggoland

i agree the banners were ill advised. not least because millers bid was never ever a goer and they were unnecessary.

The primary reason for miller backing out was that his people found £5.5m worth of health & safety repairs needing done on Ibrox. I can't recall the thread but a few posts from Green hinted at this.

What most folk do not know is that the RST secretary was in correspondence with Miller's people and it was all very professional. I'm even friends with with one of them on FB because of it.

miller saw a chance to do good deal but he didn't have the funds to see us through unless we stayed in the spl. i said at the time the sfa would blow his plan out the water but in the end they never got the chance. he ran a mile after seeing the books.

Put that aside. Milller wanted the newco and look what happened when HMRC refused the CVA. Jeez, many warned of the consequences before it happened and I know spoke of it at length with one prominent member of VB. Why the fuck would you ever support a newco?

i couldn't grasp it then or now. people actually reacted with glee when miller got preferred bidder over tbk. they just could not see what a newco was going to mean and would not listen. some were even arguing over whether it would mean 3 years out of europe.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

from one of my favorite books.

i couldn't grasp it then or now. people actually reacted with glee when miller got preferred bidder over tbk. they just could not see what a newco was going to mean and would not listen. some were even arguing over whether it would mean 3 years out of europe.

from one of my favorite books.

Hatred of fellow Rangers fans....mainly. Look back and read RM when it happened. You'll cringe.

The Miller banners were perhaps badly worded (and ill-advised) when one considered the American players in our team at that time but I think it's stretching it to say they were racist. Smacks of trying too hard to find fault with something.

I'm coming to today's posts late in the day but all in all I think this thread has been quite interesting and I'm glad people have been largely polite in the discussion. I thank the RST guys (and Brahim) for taking the time to defend their corner and I think it goes to show that even controversial subjects can be discussed in a (reasonably) balanced fashion.

As always, if we can avoid concentrating on individuals and associated unsubstantiated allegations I'd be much obliged.

Fine but that cuts both ways, in that criticism of anything RST-related is too readily dismissed by presenting it as anti-Dingwall sentiment. Either we keep personalities out of both sides of these debates or else remarks pertaining to individuals will inevitably creep in.

What I find impossible to swallow is the faux-innocence with which RST criticism is met on this thread. "What? Us give info to Lego in order to discredit an ex-Trust figure who made serious accusations of financial impropriety? Why would we do that?" Yes, very convincing.

Last point: so I'm "clutching at straws" pointing out the idiocy of a banner bearing derogatory references to an unwanted buyer's nationality? Oh yeah? And fans' rejection of Miller's bid was simply articulation of their opposition to a newco, was it? Answer me this, in that case. Once Brian Kennedy announced his bid, an RST board member publicly remarked, "Now they want a Hibby running the club? You couldn't make it up." What did he mean by that? What were the hidden grounds for said RST figure's opposition to Kennedy's bid? Because obviously a Trust board member would never oppose a bid based solely on the bidder's favourite football team. Had Kennedy not been to see the RST to discuss his plans, was that it?

If you're going to make stuff up as you go along, at least make it plausible.

Edited by 3909 04

He probably finds your username to be offensive too, but each to his own.

In which case, I won't display my username on a banner to express my opposition to Bocanegra returning to the club.

But in the event that I change my mind and do so, I'm heartened that I can count on the support of the RST board and the Gersnetonline forum in denying any accusations of sectarianism in the displaying of such a sentiment at Ibrox.

After all, anyone who would get upset at a banner displaying my username is simply looking for something to be offended at.

Hatred of fellow Rangers fans....mainly. Look back and read RM when it happened. You'll cringe.

Hatred no but I had no time for a bunch of rich 'Rangers men' trying to get us as cheap as possible. I was happy for any bid to get accepted and was a bit pissed off at the idea of TBK being entitled to buy us.

Miller's plan involved a CVA and merging the companies anyway, but HMRC would have scuppered that like they would have done any CVA (barring one really pushing the boat out like 30 million plus), so I don't see what's the point in arguing against the new company structure when it turns out it was the only option we had.

Edited by simplythebest

Hatred no but I had no time for a bunch of rich 'Rangers men' trying to get us as cheap as possible. I was happy for any bid to get accepted and was a bit pissed off at the idea of TBK being entitled to buy us.

Miller's plan involved a CVA and merging the companies anyway, but HMRC would have scuppered that like they would have done any CVA (barring one really pushing the boat out like 30 million plus), so I don't see what's the point in arguing against the new company structure when it turns out it was the only option we had.

Spot on. FF/RST were instinctively suspicious of each and every bid; Ng, Miller, Kennedy, Green, etc but they gushed in praise of TBK's bid from the outset. Who can forget the thread started on FF by the site owner himself to announce news of, "A brilliant deal struck by Paul Murray" which amounted to TBK handing Ticketus £10m when just a few weeks later it became clear they were owed nothing by the club? Brilliant indeed.

From the off, TBK's bid stank to high heaven. An ex-Rangers director, stating simultaneously that he had cut the debt at the club while knowing nothing of the club's finances and so was in no way responsible for EBTs, heading up a consortium consisting of himself, Douglas Park, Ticketus and the RST, with Mark Dingwall acting like a commission-hungry estate agent assuring everyone what a great deal it was? Pardon me for not swooning with excitement at that lineup.

At very stage, FF/RST furiously excoriated all bids except TBK's, for whom they barely stopped short of fellating Paul Murray in public, and they expressed utter incredulity when other Rangers fans hesitated to do the same. And you guys seriously wonder why Mr Dingwall's involvement throughout the bid process looked a little suspicious?

More fake innocence from FF/RST, I'm afraid.

Edited by 3909 04